“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bickenhill
Slough, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my first time at the Arden! Great location for the NEC Arena, right first time service. Nice hotel, a little dated decor wise, but in all a great hotel. Leisure facilities were great...suitable sized swimming pool and spa area. I would highly recommend this hotel if your visiting the LG or NEC Arena. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Buttons1983,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback on your stay, and really glad to hear you enjoyed it.

We are constantly looking to improve further, and your comments with regards to the décor are very much appreciated. My team and I are working on this is a couple of areas of the hotel, to help improve your experience even further on your return.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hearing about your next stay with us. Please let me know if I can assist you in anyway between now and when you return to us.

Michael Simpson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very clean premises, with good size rooms. More than I had expected. Very close proximity with the NEC which is just a walk. The restaurant was far better than what you would expect. All together a delightful experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear SunriseSuperman,

Thank you for your review, I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here, and your meal in our Burgundy restaurant also exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist any further in the near future.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great location for the L G Arena, NEC & Airport. Easy access of J6, M42. Modern, clean, comfortable facility with great breakfast. Be prepared to queue for late bar & for breakfast if there is a major attraction nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear David B,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, I am pleased you had a pleasant stay with us here at Arden Hotel Birmingham.

You are right, from time to time during big events we do get busy at peak times in our restaurant and late bar. We have a team to assist in high demand times to assist in reducing waiting times,and ensuring quality food & service. Our front of house team can assist with advice on times to avoid queues at breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us again, and if we can assist further please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Looe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is in a very good location near to LG arena. We booked two rooms. In my parents room the lamp was broken and we had to figure out how to take it off so it wont annoy them the whole evening. People at reception and breakfast area were really helpful. The bar was really busy because of a concert at LG and a wedding on the same date. Our sandwiches were served cold and without forks or tissues after 45 minutes (we had asked twice where they were) by a waitress that didn't seem very happy and didn't even talk to us or made any eye contact. The staff seemed under a lot of pressure but it was not their fault. The management should have brought additional members of staff in since they knew that it was going to be busy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mariar1976
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Mariar1976

Thank you for reviewing Arden Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am pleased in part that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed the service from our reception and brasserie team.

I have taken on board your comments with regards to the bar service at the hotel, and we have addressed that the demand for service on the evening in question exceeded the levels we were staffed for. This has been addressed with my Food & Beverage Manager this morning following receipt of your review, and we will endeavor to ensure that this is not repeated.

The lamp from your parent's room has been replaced. A member of our team is available 24 hours a day to assist with any guest experience issues, so this should have been addressed for you during your stay.

As in any business your feedback is essential for me to help us to evolve, especially in a fast paced service industry, and I appreciate your time in completing your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us at Arden Hotel for an overall much improved stay experience. My team are ready to show you how you should have experienced our hospitality!

Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here overnight when visiting the Cake International Exhibition.
We found it to be both clean and comfortable. Food was excellent and was the service.
Nice little touch was they give you a vanity set with shower gel etc in a little vanity case.
The hotel was close to the NEC and the motorway network. Follow instructions and not Sat Nav.
Our room was at the back and there was some road noise but it never bothered us at all and you do expect it in and around the NEC.
No minuses except the lift is a little slow and rickety and I would have liked the breakfast to be
included in the price which would have made it excellent value for money. Having said that we would definitely stay there again when visiting the NEC

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear calliann

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor, and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us for the Cake International Show.

I appreciate your feedback on the food and service at the hotel, it is a constant focus for our team to evolve, and your feedback as our guest, is crucial to show us that we are 'on the right path'. Our location as you mentioned is superb for events, working with an ethos of an affordable accommodation offering to our guests.

We have a range of Bed & Breakfast or Dinner, Bed & Breakfast rates available direct from our team at the hotel, for your next stay please call us directly and we will book you an inclusive rate with us.

I look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to Arden Hotel in the near future.

Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Booked this hotel for its proximity to the LG Arena as I was going to the Andrea Bocelli concert. Free parking, pleasant staff, very comfortable rooms and leisure facilities too. Reasonably priced and easy to reach from the motorway. Will definitely use again and recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear miljan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your stay at Arden Hotel on Tripadvisor, and I am really pleased to learn that you had a good stay with us.

Our location is great for the LG Arena, NEC & Airport and its good to here that this benefited you for the concert.

We are constantly looking at the services we offer to our guests, and your feedback will be used as part of this. I am pleased that your stay was up to the standard you expect.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Taunton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had a night here so we could attend a craft show at NEC . This hotel was with easy walking distance of NEC and had excellent facilities. It was great to have the pool, jacuzzi and steam room after a long day shopping !
Their was no extra charge for parking which a lot of hotels close to NEC do charge. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was for us an extra full English for £10 but compared very favourably to prices in the NEC where you would not have had so many choices. Would happily stay here again when going to NEC

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Linda O,

I am pleased to hear you had a great stay with us at Arden Hotel.

I appreciate your feedback on the leisure club facilities we have here at the hotel, and we are pleased that you found our breakfast price good value.

Your comments and feedback are reviewed with my management team, so I will make sure details of your great stay with us are communicated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Michael Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bickenhill
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#25 of 117 in Birmingham
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Arden Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!