“Spa Day”
Review of Vale Spa

Vale Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Hensol
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had a Spa day at the vale the overall Spa day experience was very good but the food they offer and the quality was awful. Make sure you take something to eat with you. I had ceasar salad, the chicken was burnt and so tough i could not eat it and there was no ceasar dressing or parmesan to be seen plus they had put anchovies on it ughhh.
The treatments and relaxation areas are lovely and satff were very good would go again but would take my own lunch.

1  Thank Tmcleods
"fantastic spa"
"lovely place"
"professional manner"

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Not what we expected for a luxuary spa break would definatly not go back jacuzzi not working and was not told, steam room full all the time, pool had swimming lessons going on and you are told to book in for 9:30am and our first treatment was 3pm! Cold in the waiting area for treatments and that god awful supposidly relaxing music which after 7 hours really did your head in. Temprature in room we had to ring and get altered, but the food was nice. :)

2  Thank catkingmae
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Several exotic tented and candlelit rooms to lay down in which was beautiful

My Mum wanted to use the pool, Jacuzzi and steam room so we trundled down the 70 or so stairs but they were fine - not overcrowded.

We had 30 minute treatments, me a massage and Mum a min-facial but sadly they were both 20 minute treatments. Lovely beauticians but girls! don't short change us, we are paying a high price and we definitely notice these things.....

I spent a lot of time just resting and reading magazines and my book (Mum got bored and went) but if you stay very long beware the music. The Indian bingly bongly music was lovely much better than whale sounds, but the tap is about 8 minutes long. When you've heard it 500x you start to get fed up and it becomes very un-relaxing!

Please buy some variety of music if you're going to put it on repeat!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The spa day offer was from 1 -6pm and it included a 1 hour treatment and afternoon tea for £49.

The day was amazing. Very relaxing and most of the staff were very friendly and pleasant. The afternoon tea was delicious! A variety of finger sandwiches and lovey scones, cakes etc.

The only criticism I would say is that the water beds need new covers as they are cracked, which not only looks untidy but it scratched the back of my legs when laying on them. Also there appeared to be damp patches along the carpet in the corridors. Another issue raised was by my friend who had a different treatment to myself, she said that the room she was in seemed a little untidy, and all the oils were smeared on all the work tops and cupboards. Although minor- it is not the standard you would expect from this spa.

Having said that, when I was having my treatment- a full body Swedish massage (amazing!) The beaution, Cerys, was very polite and professional and very good at what she does! Which definitely raised the standard of the vale spa back up in my opinion.

Despite the venue not quite being up to scratch and looking a little tatty in some areas - a wonderful spa, and I thoroughly enjoyed!