“Great relaxing facilities - need new background music”
Review of Vale Spa

Vale Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Hensol
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Several exotic tented and candlelit rooms to lay down in which was beautiful

My Mum wanted to use the pool, Jacuzzi and steam room so we trundled down the 70 or so stairs but they were fine - not overcrowded.

We had 30 minute treatments, me a massage and Mum a min-facial but sadly they were both 20 minute treatments. Lovely beauticians but girls! don't short change us, we are paying a high price and we definitely notice these things.....

I spent a lot of time just resting and reading magazines and my book (Mum got bored and went) but if you stay very long beware the music. The Indian bingly bongly music was lovely much better than whale sounds, but the tap is about 8 minutes long. When you've heard it 500x you start to get fed up and it becomes very un-relaxing!

Please buy some variety of music if you're going to put it on repeat!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The spa day offer was from 1 -6pm and it included a 1 hour treatment and afternoon tea for £49.

The day was amazing. Very relaxing and most of the staff were very friendly and pleasant. The afternoon tea was delicious! A variety of finger sandwiches and lovey scones, cakes etc.

The only criticism I would say is that the water beds need new covers as they are cracked, which not only looks untidy but it scratched the back of my legs when laying on them. Also there appeared to be damp patches along the carpet in the corridors. Another issue raised was by my friend who had a different treatment to myself, she said that the room she was in seemed a little untidy, and all the oils were smeared on all the work tops and cupboards. Although minor- it is not the standard you would expect from this spa.

Having said that, when I was having my treatment- a full body Swedish massage (amazing!) The beaution, Cerys, was very polite and professional and very good at what she does! Which definitely raised the standard of the vale spa back up in my opinion.

Despite the venue not quite being up to scratch and looking a little tatty in some areas - a wonderful spa, and I thoroughly enjoyed!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I had a 2 night stay at the hotel and we both had a full body massage in the spa.All I can say is that it was totally wonderful.My masseuse Cerys was fabulous,a true credit to the spa.The relaxation areas in the spa were terrific and would recommend the spa to anyone.

1  Thank gashead50
Reviewed August 1, 2013

As part of the whole Vale experience, the spa and gym add a lot to the place. The poolside area is lovely though can get a little crowded if there's any kind of group in there. The waterfall spa pool is excellent and eccentric. The pool is lovely and the staff are great; the feel of the place is wonderful, and added to considerably by the surrounding views through the nice big windows.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Booked in for a spa break, email told us we couldn't arrive until 2pm so we took a leisurely drive down, when we arrived checked when we could book treatments to find that they had been booked for midday and we had missed them. Rebooked at spa reception by a member staff who wouldn't have looked out of place in a munsters film. I queired whether the robes come in larger sizes and was told it would fit, i am a larger lady and it didn't fit ! put a bit of a downer on stay as I had booked this as a pick me up after major surgery and it was the first time I could swim in 12 months. We booked our table for dinner at reception for 7.30pm and when we turned up to restaurant to be told we booked at 7pm !!!! Altogether disorganised