1,969 results
All reviews golf course the grill leisure facilities hensol castle golf break welsh rugby team evening meal cocktail bar great golf relaxing break afternoon tea pro shop golf club bar area spa treatments food was lovely excellent facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2019

What struck me was the friendliness of the team at the Vale, the nice relaxed atmosphere and the setting in the grounds is beautiful. The breakfast and evening meal were good and the rooms comfortable and very spacious. Enjoyed the stay and look forward to returning. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank darrenclements1965
HarrisS166, Senior Guest Relations Manager at Vale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

Dear darrenclements1965,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit and found the team so approachable and friendly. It's lovely to hear you found the resort so relaxing and enjoyed the grounds.
I will certainly pass on your feedback about the dining and bedrooms to the relevant department heads, glad you felt comfortable during your stay.

Many thanks for the recommendation and hopefully we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, had lovely time away. Food was fantastic. Would stay here again given the chance. Hensol castle (only a walk away) and the lake was beautiful too. Very popular place. Didnt use golf facilities but they did look very good.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Abbey B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit and found the food and hotel itself so nice, lovely to hear you managed to enjoy the walk around Hensol Castle and the lake.

Hopefully we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed April 5, 2019

This is a corporate hotel- the grounds are fantastic- and we enjoyed the food and found the service in the grill to be fine. But the whole place was cold- the heating failed in my room during a very cold few days and on returning at 10.30 one evening I found the wind had blown open both doors/windows and it was colder than ever. The said dooos didn't close properly as the rubber seal was broken. I did report to reception and hope it was fixed for next occupant.
The rooms are bland and totally lacking in character- the bedlight on one side of my bed was out of reach unless you got out of bed to switch it.
The staff were efficient and courteous- but at no time did I see a "manager".

Room tip: I was on the second floor in Hensol Lodge- quiet while I was there.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear sev1441,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us.
I'm sorry to hear you found the resort so cold during your visit and the heating in the room failed, the heating can be adjusted and controlled from the main desk when anyone experiences some difficulties.
I'm sorry you returned to a cold room, and that the doors were blown open, they had to have been left ajar in order for this to happen though as they lock closed when shut.

This has of course been reported to maintenance to be checked over. I'm sorry you found the room lacking character.
I am glad you found the staff courteous and efficient, something I will certainly pass on, we do have multiple managers on each shift, if you ever require them please don't hesitate to contact the front desk.

Hopefully we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

We held a 3 day business meeting here. Good facilities and rooms but it is the coldest hotel I’ve stayed in.
Meeting rooms and general communal spaces were very cold.
On our second evening we dined in the conservatory where a gale was literally blowing through the 2 inch gap between the French doors.
We notified a member of staff who didn’t seem to be at all bothered or surprised.
We ended up using 3 napkin from our table to try and plug the gaps...
Shame as it would put me off using this hotel again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
HarrisS166, Senior Giuest Relations Manager at Vale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

Dear redcondios,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us.
I'm sorry you found the hotel so cold during your stay, with the temperature dropping over the past few days it has been noticeable everywhere, we do try and keep all of our communal space and meeting rooms a comfortable temperature for all.
Apologies for the draft you say you experienced in the restaurant, something I have brought up with the restaurant manager to address immediately.

I do hope we can welcome you back again

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Firstly the good things: friendly staff, spotless and spacious hotel rooms, comfy beds, fluffy towels, nice spa facilities. Challenging golf, lovely countryside. But. Very large and busy, rather sterile, corporate hotel with many large parties of hens and male golfers. The dining room (grill) seemed totally overwhelmed at times with inadequate staff meaning service was very slow. Breakfast bit of a scrum and the dinner menu very short offering limited choice on our deal. The food, when it arrived, was a triumph of style over substance, bijou portions but mostly flavoursome. If all you’re looking for is golf then the facilities were good and the courses 'interesting'. Overall, I was rather disappointed and doubt I could be tempted to return.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
HarrisS166, Senior Guest Relations Manager at Vale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Dear HMMs,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us.
I'm glad to hear you found the staff friendly and bedrooms comfortable. I am sorry to hear other aspects of your stay didn't meet your expectations such as the grill, the restaurant does get quite busy on occasion. If you found the menu limited we do offer an A la Carte menu available for guests to upgrade to.

Hopefully we can welcome you back again in the future