“Afternoon Tea”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hensol
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have just visited this hotel with a group of ladies and had Afternoon Tea. We were greeted on arrival and shown our room, which overlooked a golf course, beautifully kept gardens and a small lake. We had an assortment of sandwiches and pastries and tea and the waitresses were very pleasant and willing.This looks like a very busy hotel, set in beautiful grounds with a lot going on.

Overall it was a very pleasant afternoon spend in good company and lovely surroundings and I look forward to another visit1

2 Thank Marilyn H
a_rees, General Manager at Vale Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Marilyn H,

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review following your recent Afternoon Tea.
I’m glad you enjoyed the experience throughout, in particular the food and service provided by our dedicated team.

On behalf of myself and the team at the Vale Resort, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

we stayed here one night for a wedding.
Firsty we rang ahead and requested early check in to get ready for the wedding, which when we got there was annoyed to be told our room wasnt ready. We explained we had to get ready and was told we could use the pool side changing area!!! really!!! Who wants to get ready for a wedding smelling of chlorine?
So a mad dash to get to the wedding on time!
Also we asked the way to our room and was told " follow the corridor ", after searching for at least 20 minutes for the lift, we used the stairs!
Once in the wedding I thought it not very well thought out as the groom and bride was saying their vows random guests could be seen passing the window!!
The drinks were way overpriced, £4.50 for a bottle of water!!

The buffet breakfast the next day was cold and eventually after many of the guests complained, they came and took all the food away and came around asking if people wanted to order food, by this time I was losing the will to live!!
We did get a refund for the breakfast, but I wont be rushing back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear janinap,

Thank you for taking the time to review us in connection with your recent stay at The Vale Resort. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you raised and left the resort disappointed.

With regards to requests for an early check-in, we try our best to accommodate but unfortunately we cannot guarantee it.

With reference to the location of your room, we have recently introduced new signage around the resort from preventing this happening and to make it easier to get round the resort.

The wedding that you attended was set in our conservatory which does overlook our golf course, and the bride and groom would have been aware of this beforehand.

In relation to our prices we are very competitive and we are reasonably priced for a 4* Resort, the water is priced at £4.15 for 750ml bottle of still or sparking and 250ml bottle is £1.75.

Finally, I recall the morning with regards to breakfast and it was due to unforeseen circumstances out our control, which is a rare occurrence and like with yourselves we had no hesitation in refunding the breakfast.

Thank you once again for taking the time to pass on your comments, I hope that you will chose to come to the Resort again to experience us at our best.

Kind regards

Swansea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went to the Vale for a Sunday deal that included spa treatment, dinner bed and breakfast.
Thoroughly enjoyed the meal in the restaurant, thought it was outstanding. We all loved our meals (4 of us) and want to book to go straight back.
Room was great (we had 2 that interconnected with joint balcony) which was lovely. Large spacious rooms and everything you need. If we had to complain we would say the hair dryers were useless but it was 4 girls!
Spa and massage was great. Nice pool with jacuzzi.
Really great time and staff were all lovely. Thanks everyone :-)

Dear lara J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Vale Resort, I'm so glad that you and your friends enjoyed your spa break.

It is great to read your comments with regards to our award winning restaurant, we pride ourselves in great food quality, presentation and service.

I'll pass on your kind comments to each team here at the Resort and please accept my apologies with regards to the hair dryers.

I do hope you will come back to stay with us again very soon, we have some great special offers on with the Spa.

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My son and I played golf here while the daughter and wife were being pampered on a day out. According to my wife it was good but not as good as you get abroad. My daughter enjoyed her 1st experience of a spa. They said that the gym and pool were great.
As for the golf we had an absolutely marvelous time. The National course itself was fantastic. Worth playing to try out the 10th. Best hole we have ever played. Disappointed with the bunkers not being raked. We also had a nice meal and a pint in the clubhouse after where the staff were as nice as they were in the pro shop. Thank you we will return.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear cwrcyn,

Thank you very much for your five star review regarding your recent stay with us at the Vale Resort.

I am pleased that you and your family had such a great stay with us and I am so glad that you had a marvellous time with regards to our golf facilities, I will pass your kind comments on to our golf team. It is also pleasing we were apart of your daughters first spa experience, and that your wife and daughter enjoyed the leisure facilities.

Thank you for saying you will return to the resort, we will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Southampton,England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just one night here as part of a group of twenty men here to play in a golf weekend to celebrate a 40th. birthday.

We travel extensively, not always in such a large group, to play golf and rated the Welsh National course as one of the finest we have ever played. Beautifully constructed and immaculately kept. A great challenge and worth a special trip to play it.

Being golfers on tour our accommodation requirements are not difficult to fulfill and we were all very satisfied with the quality of the rooms. Sharing twin rooms ( mine luckily with my own son ) can be uncomfortable but the room size and amenities here made this easy.

Many reviewers noted problems with service which we could not possibly agree with. Maybe we were lucky but we found the staff very agreeable and good fun. Bear in mind we were 20 men who drank a lot and stayed up until past 1am in the hotel bar.

Outstanding were the waiting staff in the restaurant adjacent to the golf lounge. They were friendly, efficient and seemed to be enjoying our party atmosphere.

We all remarked that we would come here again.

Dear AtoZers,

Thank you for the superlative comments which are much appreciated and always passed on to the hard working staff. Hospitality really is a team effort and the various departments at the Vale Resort work over and above the call of duty to ensure each guest interaction is a special one.

Once again thank you and we hope to see you and your group again in the future, weather it be on a Golf Package or just a Leisure Break.

wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night as a surprise for my husband. Room was fine, nice view over the golf course, Chocolates in room but no promised bottle of wine. I had booked a massage as part of the package and when we went for the treatment asked if we could use the pool and sauna but we told quite bluntly that unless you were booking treatments that lasted an hour you had to access it through the gym. We did so even though it meant undressing, swimming, drying and dressing again before the treatment. The massage was good but no one spoke to us at the spa reception when we left.
Dinner at the restaurant was good and on the whole we had a pleasant stay.
I paid the bill the next day and all seemed fine.
When I checked my credit card statement later that day it appeared that they had taken £50 at the time of my booking, however, this was not itemised on the invoice. I rang the hotel and was told that they would not have taken a deposit but they promised to look into it and get back to me - they did not. 2 days later I rang my bank fearing that the card could have been used fraudulently and they had the same response, that they were looking into it and would get back to me. Again they did not. I rang again today 9 days after the stay and this time it was dealt with efficiently and within 5 minutes had a reply that it was the cost of the spa treatment taken at the time of the booking. The person was apologetic and helpful. However, in a place that prides itself on being a 'resort' it would appear that one part of the establishment does not know what the other part is doing and has certainly soured the experience. We live very near the Vale resort but will we be back, I doubt it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lizzie056
Dear lizzie056,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent dining experience with us at the Vale Resort.

I am disappointed that you did not have the best of experiences, in regards to the facilities, and will ensure your feedback will go back to the Spa. Although you felt that was not great, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed dining with us in the Vale Grill.

Finally, in regards to the settling the bill, I can only apologise this was not sorted for you sooner and the inconveniences you had to go through in to sorting it out.

I understand how disappointing it can be when your expectations are not met. Again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you raised, please feel rest assured that we are dealing with them to ensure they don’t happen again in the future. I hope that you will chose to come to the Resort again to experience us at our best.

Glastonbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked a two night break for two couples. I emailed the reservation team beforehand with our requirements and they offered us a golf/spa/dinner package which we thought was great value. We arrived at 11am expecting to have to wait until 3pm to check-in, however our rooms were ready and we were able to settle in straight away. The men played golf on both courses and had a great time - they were particularly impressed with the staff delivering refreshments whilst they played! The girls had a full day in the spa which was fabulous - the leisure facilities are brilliant. We all thoroughly enjoyed breakfast each morning, great selection of hot and cold food and service was great. One morning was particularly busy and there was a 5-10 minute wait to be seated, but that can't be helped - the staff have no way of knowing when guests will arrive to have breakfast. The chef will happily cook you eggs of your choice which were excellent. We also had dinner in the Vale Grill one night which was superb - I have to admit I wasn't expecting a lot from a hotel restaurant but the food was delicious and cooked to perfection.

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The staff in all areas were friendly and accommodating and the hotel was spotless. We had a room on the second floor overlooking the golf course which was lovely. The resort is located about 15-20 minutes from Cardiff city centre - a taxi costs £27 each way.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Amy,

Thank you for your feedback. It is a pleasure to read your positive comments and your recommendation on your recent stay at the Vale Resort, we pride ourselves in giving good customer service and delivering the best value for our guests.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hensol
Miskin Manor Hotel and Health Club
#4 of 76 in Cardiff
The Bear Hotel
The Bear Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cowbridge

Been to Vale Resort? Share your experiences!