“Best place to stay in the whole of Wales!”
Review of Llanerch Vineyard

Llanerch Vineyard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hensol B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Just got back from Llanerch and had an absolutely fabulous time. The staff were extremely friendly, the rooms were great (such comfy beds) and the setting was wonderful. It is obvious that a lot of time, effort and hard work has been put into making Llanerch such a delightful place. I will be back!

Matt, Western Australia.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt T
ryandavies86, Owner at Llanerch Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2012

Thanks for your reveiw, hope you had a safe trip back to western Australia. Give us a call next time you are back in Wales.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

My advice is to call ahead and check if they have an event booked. The noise from the event echoed throughout the hotel until very late - we got little sleep. This was made worse by the paper thin walls between rooms. The hotel is lovely in a beautiful setting. I cannot comment on breakfast as we were so exhausted we left before breakfast to get home for some sleep!

Room Tip: Call ahead to check if there's an event being held.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jan R
ryandavies86, Owner at Llanerch Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

We were saddened to hear that you did not have a good night’s sleep at Llanerch Vineyard, as you were kept awake by the function that was occurring in downstairs in the main building, which in turn meant that you were too tired to come to breakfast.

Your room was booked by a third party company, whom upon making the booking we clearly indicated that there was a function on this night that would be loud until the late hours in the morning. Unfortunately we did not have any other double rooms available in a quieter part of the hotel to offer. They advised us that as you were attending an event that you had won from Cadw in the Castle and you would not be returning to the hotel until at least 1am, so we took the room booking on this basis.

The company who took the booking then sent a booking reference to Cadw which contained the following information, “I have been informed that there is a function on at the hotel that evening but as you will be arriving back from the castle quite late, I didn’t think this would be a problem for you. Whilst the B&B is complimentary, please settle for any extras – drinks, newspapers etc. direct with the hotel when you check out.”

We apologise that this information was not passed onto you, and we have spoken to both of the third party company’s to ensure it does not occur again. If you would like to speak further about this please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel on 01443 222716

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Given I have only just arrived home from Llanerch speaks volumes about my desire to post about my experience at this stunning location.
If you want to go to a hotel with perfect service, perfect hospitality and a need from the staff to make sure that very guest is treated like we all want to be treated when we go away then this is the place.
I can not speak highly enough of the owner Ryan. This guy is just a cut above most owners of establishments I have stayed at and dealt with. From organising a restaurant to go to in the evening, to phoning 4 taxi services to find one for us to get there and back. Waiting around to do a wine tasting of their fabulous wines from their vineyard to also waiting around for us to get back from the restaurant so we could have a late night drink. Quite simply nothing was a problem and given Ryan has probably been asked the same questions about his goals and aspirations for Llanerch he still found the enthusiasm to discuss it all again with us.
I simply could not find anything wrong with my visit if I spent a entire day thinking about it and I would tell anyone wanting to stay at a hotel that has everything then this is the place.
I can't wait to go back their for the cooking school experience and maybe just another wine tasting experience, just because it would be rude not to again.
I wish ryan and all the amazing staff at Llanerch the best of luck for all the plans for the future and to see them all again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chris L

Thank you very much for the lovely review. It was great to meet you both, and I look forward to seeing you both soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed one night at Llanerch this week whilst attending the cookery school. I had a tyre blowout on the Severn Bridge on the way there and was stranded and freezing. I phoned the hotel to let them know i'd be late and Ryan and Tom jumped straight in the car and collected me from the service station. It was 1am by the time we got back! The following morning I was quite unwell and had to stay in my room to rest. I was not pressured to leave the room and the housekeeper could not have been more patient with me. The staff were helpful and welcoming without exception. The overall service is so friendly and personal, it's like being at home without having to lift a finger (and with better towels!). The studio room was well equipped, beautifully furnished and very comfortable. The hotel itself is very welcoming and relaxing. Thanks to everyone at Llanerch - I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrea H

Thank you for your lovely review and your thank you card. It was passed around all of the staff and made them all smile. Also, congratulations for winning the one show mince pie competition.
I hope you made it back to London safely.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

A hearty breakfast this morning at Llanerch Vineyard... Wonderful friendly staff... Prepared for me exactly what I wanted to eat... The result was to die for! Superbly presented tables and fining touches make me want to go back again and again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan C
ryandavies86, Owner at Llanerch Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Llanerch Vineyard, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

From the daytime home cooked food and the vast selection of wines, I knew my stay at Llanerch Vineyard was going to be good. An evening with a friendly vibe and a chill out by the real log fire was not the end of the night, but the luxury of the studio rooms was second to none! With the comfiest beds, the fluffiest towels and every item you could only imagine for on a romantic weekend away. Thank you Ryan and all the wonder full staff for making this trip so memorable!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris E

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We joined the Vineyard for it's bonfire night party. It's very easy to get too just a few minutes from the M4. We had a great night with fireworks and a bonfire being laid on. We stayed in one of the standard studio rooms which are very spacious, well equipped and luxurious. The bed was very comfy with a very good nights sleep The staff were all extremely helpful and the food was fantastic. It really is a lovely place in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Simon B

Ryan Davies

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hensol
Court Colman Manor
Miskin Manor Hotel and Health Club
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
#1 of 8 in Bridgend

Been to Llanerch Vineyard? Share your experiences!