“Great steak”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our B&B recommended this restaurant, she advised us not to be put off by the outside as it does look run down, but the steak was delicious and we had a great night chatting to the locals in the bar before and after dinner.

2  Thank jojom999

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recently returned to Helmsdale and made sure I returned to have a steak at the Bannockburn Inn. They are locally sourced from the Castle of Mey and are fantastic! I am always wary of having steaks in restaurants as I am really fussed about how they are cooked. We all asked for them done differently, and all were done to perfection. I chose a pepper sauce and my friends chose the cajun spice, which they tell me was divine.

The front of the Bannockburn is a pub with a pool table, but don't be put off. You can either go in through the pub or go round to the restaurant's own entrance at the side. The decor is cosy and traditional, but the steaks are as good as you'll every taste.

2  Thank 1CrazyMum
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The staff are lovely and very friendly. They welcomed any questions, not that I personally asked any. There is a great selection of whiskys displayed very neatly and presentable on the shelves, and also the beer on offer was first class.

As for the meal, it was a bargain. £6.50 for beer and a burg, however I was disappointed with the burger, it was on a bit of a naff bun and the burger was very thick and looked to be undercooked (it was red inside). There were no veg or salad although there could have been an added option for this not sure. It was just a burger and chips but the price can't really grumble as the staff made up for it! I had sticky toffee pudding which was fine.

If you are passing through it is worth a visit for the atmosphere.

1  Thank thremps
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Popped in with colleagues from work. Good food at great prices. Owners and staff couldn't have been more helpfull. As mentioned by others, don't be deceived by the outside.

1  Thank Stewart B
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The stakes are the best i have had, cooked just rite. All of the food on the menu is so nice.
wound not eat eny where else in Helmsdale. Grate crack in the bar as well very frendly Bar.

4  Thank Ryan M