“Well worth a visit”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bonar Bridge
The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Bonar Bridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I couldn't disagree more with jeddly's review! I had a meal in the restaurant on Saturday evening, the food was exceptional & very reasonably priced, the staff, including the manager were very welcoming & helpfull & the decor is very nice indeed, the open coal fire being a great focal point.

As I had some time to wait for my lift I decided to have a few dram's in the public bar after my meal, the surroundings were nice, the bar has obviously been freshly decorated to a high standard. There is a large selection of drinks & they again are reasonably priced, not only were the staff very friendly, many of the "locals" involved me in their conversations making making me feel very welcome.

I look forward to my next trip to Bonar bridge & spending another evening in the Bridge hotel, I will be recommending this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: The manager told me he is not letting any rooms at the moment, they will not be available until next...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rossco1908
Bridge_Staff, Barmaid. at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2016

And we look forward to having you back! Thank you for your lovely review. You're right our drinks are reasonable and the selection is great - 88 Malts on the top shelf! Hope to have one with you soon :)

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Was not too keen on going away from home at New Year but we were all made so welcome (6 adults & one toddler) the entertainment was good everyone warm & friendly and food plentiful and well cooked. The bathroom was small but adequate for a short stay. Would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: ask & it will be given ask in advance & wishes will be granted beds lovely & comfy
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christine H
Bridge_Staff, Barmaid at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2016

Thank you for your lovely review! Maybe see you New Year 2016?!

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stopped for a meal and had a lovely steak ,wife had chicken pie .Food was top notch and the new manager Martin who told me himself and his lovely daughter Sammi had taken over in july were great hosts .Very helpful and we enjoyed a couple of pints before leaving . We will be back next summer to stay as there are no rooms at the moment as Martin told us he hopes to start renovating the rooms this winter .Would recommend the food and lovely bars to anyone passing through Bonar Bridge .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank malckyshiloh

Thanks for this lovely review!!
Food's still great, and we now have 7 rooms available and hope to have 3 more ready this year. Maybe we'll see you again soon?!

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Popped in here after a walk. Cosy dining room with a real fire drew us in. Excellent service from the landlord. Drinks promptly poured while we perused the menu. Good pub fayre on offer.
Jan's fish and chips had batter to die for - so light!
My chili con carne was satisfyingly nose watering! Spot on.
Would have like a real ale but the keg was very nice.
A fine place. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mdmheath
Reviewed July 4, 2010

booked in for a couple of days to get some fishing done in the famous kyle of sutherland river . The place looked run down ,smelt run down and was very abandoned looking.
having booked i went to my room which was clean "surprisingly" the bed seemed ok until sleeping on it , it felt like they filled it with grit sand which was uncomfortable the locals were nice to blether to as for breakfast seeing a white dog enter in and out of the kitchen put me off totally. so looked else where and found the dunroamin hotel this was far better a much more pleasing stay just could do with better food!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank kosaDundee

I'm sorry this was your experience. Is now a very different place with a new owner. I hope if you're passing again you'll pop in and see the change.

Reviewed June 23, 2010

When I read the positive reviews of the Bridge Hotel, I thought this would be a handy place to break our journey. I was wrong! It was, without a doubt, the worst place we stayed in our 2 week trip in Scotland. It's clearly in the process of being done up, and it might be fine when it's finished, but it's not at the moment. In fairness, our room looked like it had new furniture in it (except for the mattress which was so old we woke up with the imprint of the metal springs on our skin!) The bathroom was bizarre - very old and tatty and the toilet, shower and basin all required the help of a pump to drain the water. The basin was almost impossible to use as it was so small and you had to contort yourself under the shelf if you wanted to brush your teeth.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CEBL

Hi there, I wanted you to know that new ownership has been in place since July 2011 and refurbishments have been carried out and are constantly ongoing. Maybe you'll pop in and check it out if you're passing again?

Reviewed May 27, 2010

three of us bikers touring scotland stayed the night and with local musicians jamming in the bar , fiddles , guitars even bagpipes the evening was excellent with hangovers compulsary . the owners and staff were very friendly , welcoming people , we ate well the rooms were good , clean , warm everything we needed and wanted at the right price too i will certainly stay again next time i am in the area

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
#6 of 6 in Dornoch
Dunroamin Hotel
Dunroamin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ardgay

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!