The hotel is lovely, the reception staff are friendly but overall I have some major grips with this hotel!
A) maid service! Despite having the do not disturb sign up the maid knocked on the door 4 times from 8:30-10 to ask if I wanted my room cleaning! Even tho this was lovely I wanted to sleep!
On our last day once again sign up I was on the toilet as she came barging through the door to ask If I was checking out! Chatting to me while I'm on the loo!
Constantly worried to fall asleep or go to the loo as I'd be joined by a stranger every 5 mins! Do not disturb means just that!
B) changing room! The changing rooms are small and are open, this is the same in most places but when they hold swimming lessons for children, trying to get changed while keeping my dignity while 5 3 year olds and parents are changing was stressful! Oh and then to top it off the grounds man comes walking in while I'm half naked! IS THERE ANY PRIVACY IN THIS PLACE?!?!
C) this hotel is full of business conferences which is fine but at 7-8am every morning there is a slamming of doors and chatting outside your room! (Plus u can hear the neighbour wee!) oh and they post you a bill at 6am through your door (actually thought someone had entered the room and scared me half to death!)
Due to the noise and the staff I have harderly had any sleep on my "relaxing weekend away"
So despite most of the staff seeing my personal bits and my sleep deprivation the facilities are good, the food is lovely and the chefs are great!
I wouldn't recommend as a nice weekend away or to bring the kids! Just mainly business big wigs that's pretty much all this places caters for!
Good point: close to London!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At De Vere Horsley Estate, you're spoilt for choice. Luxuriate in the grandeur of this 1828 Victorian mansion, set in 70 acres of stunning parkland. Find everything you need for business, training and conferences at Horsley Management Centre. Marvel at the magnificent views over the surrounding countryside. It's a perfect base to enjoy a walk in the pure country air or venture further afield to one of the many historic or sporting attractions in the vicinity. Be sure to get your stay off to a good start: make the most of our tranquil indoor pool and mini-gym or, if you're feeling more adventurous, play 5-a-side football, croquet or volley ball. Finish your evenings with a relaxing drink in the bar and delicious meal in our award-winning, Steam Bake & Grill restaurant. Located in Surrey, it is easily accessible from the M25 and equidistant from Heathrow and Gatwick airports ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Vere Horsley Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horsley Park Hotel East Horsley
- Horsley Park Surrey
- Horsley Park Hotel Surrey
- De Vere Horsley Estate East Horsley, Surrey, UK