“Faultless!!!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Brewood B&B and Inns
South Cave, United Kingdom
“Faultless!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at the hotel as a single lady on a business trip, I really could not fault my experience. The bedroom was beautifully furnished, the bathroom modern, great size TV but most importantly it was extremely clean and the bed really comfortable, I had 4 really good nights sleep, which is unusual for me when away from home. it was really comfortable, the service excellent, the food delicious and fantastic value for money.
For once I did not feel conspicuous sitting in the restaurant on my own, the staff were really friendly and made me feel very comfortable. There is a special 2 course offer on evening meals, with a good choice of starter and main course for just £9.95 which is great when you have an allowance for meals. I enjoyed Brewood itself and took advantage of a couple of treatments at the Beauty salon.I was so impressed with this little gem of a hotel that I will consider taking my husband for a weekend break sometime in the very near future.

Room Tip: I stayed in" Outwood" on the top floor, great views over the market place, and quite peace...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rebecca g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were looking to stay overnight in the area, and while the main attraction was to visit Wightwick Manor I am now looking for other reasons to return just to experience the excellent hospitality again! The website is attractive which was the main reason for choosing the Lion. I am grateful that on booking I was asked if we would like a table for supper because on a Saturday these are turned around very quickly. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the room was clean and the shower had lashings of hot water. The bar and restaurant are very tastefully decorated and had a good balance of locals and guests enjoying an evening meal. The menu was varied and the food excellent. What's not to like?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Myself and a friend stayed at this hotel for the V festival weekend and had an absolutely fabulous weekend! The hotel was fab! As soon as we walked in the staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was spot on very nice clean and comfortable room with everything we needed for our weekend. The food was great especially the cooked breakfasts! Great choice.
Special thanks to Lisa and Scott for transfers to and from the festival was a massive help. Would recommend this hotel and would definatley stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Northern Ireland
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night enroute home to Northern Ireland having just left our daughter to university. We arrived at hotel at about 8pm and checked in. I had stumbled across it on the internet and I am glad I did. It was a beautiful place, beautifully decorated and lovely atmosphere. Our room was just beautiful with white furniture original brick wals and beams. Beautiful modern ensuite. only problem was the water in the shower was boiling and you couldnt get into shower. If we had of been staying longer i definately would have pointed it out. Room was very hot despite the windows being opened although the weather was very mild. we ate in the local curry house as food had stopped being served in the hotel. beautiful breakfast the next day great service. Would love to have stayed longer as this village is just beautiful. excellent value

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Penkridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

It had been a long time since I'd been in the Lion...18 years in fact, which is a year more than my age at the time! :-/

The place has changed completely and now has a very contemporary feel. All areas were spotlessly clean.

We just opted for the two courses for £9.95 lunch menu. I had beetroot, walnut and goats cheese salad to start, followed by pan fried chicken and chorizo with a mango salsa. The presentation of the food was excellent and it was cooked to perfection. It was without a doubt the best meal I've eaten out in a long time. I shall certainly return.

• Stayed August 2013
United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had lunch here recently and really enjoyed our meal and the bright, modern-classic surroundings.
There is a fixed price (£9.95) two course lunch from an imaginative menu as well as the al la carte choice and our food was tasty and very well presented. Although it became increasingly busy, we didn't feel either rushed or crowded and the service was friendly and helpful.
You need to be aware that there is no car park attached to this hotel but there is a small public one off the road alongside the building. We were able to get a place here after a short wait but parking could be a problem when the village is busy.
Living locally, we would go here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Finally tried the Lion when visiting relatives in the area, so glad we did! We had heard mixed reviews based on waiting times and portion size but we were delighted! Staff attentive and helpful, obviously it was a new concern but it has really come together. Food was delicious and portion size fair for the price. Despite a wedding party upstairs, service and food was quick and spot on! Five people had different starters, main and puddings and everyone was delighted; it was better than a recent trip to more expensive 'exclusive' restaurant. A couple of minor hitches but quickly resolved by helpful, caring staff. Will definitely return! Didn't try accommodation but decor downstairs was lovely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewood
Oak Farm Hotel
Featherstone Farm Hotel
#11 of 21 in Wolverhampton
Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13

Been to Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!