“Good and bad”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Good and bad”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

In the past fortnight I've been to the Tilly twice - one meal was superb but the other, I'm sorry to say, was disappointingly mediocre. On the first occasion, I had a sit-down meal in the restaurant. The staff were friendly and efficient without being fawning and irritating (a pet hate). The tandoori starter was among the best I've had anywhere. Delicious, succulent chicken and tangy lamb served with lovely chilli sauce. Mouthwatering. My main course, chicken tikka achari, was nice and tangy, although it was a shade too hot. This was my fault as I had ordered it spicy out of habit. This was rounded off by a lovely fresh naan and vegetable pilau.Both flawless. As a result of this good experience I went to the Tilly for a takeaway last night. Oh dear, big disappointment. Slow service. Bland,oily chicken rogan josh, rubbery naan and overcooked rice. Only the tandoori starter came close to the original meal.
I've given a four-star review on the strength of one good experience. I'll visit again to see if the Tilly deserves the benefit of the doubt. I can only hope my insipid takeaway was the exeception.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank rooba63

Lanarkshire
“Fantastic. Go once and you will be hooked. Worth traveling to.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have recently moved to the area and love my curries. This is by far one of the best places to get a curry. I would be happy to travel 20 miles to eat here, just so happens its 2 minutes away from me. We just mentioned in the passing last week it was going to be my birthday this week and would like to book a table. On arrival and without prior arrangements they had set up the table with a couple of ballons and a banner tastefully done though. The service was perfect as always and the food was wonderfull. I cant reccomend this place highly enough and the staff are friendly and accomodating to your required taste, asking now you would like your meal. Brilliant and very reasonable value. Well done Guys.
.W.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Warren L
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Value for money - A hidden gem !”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Having stayed in the Clyde Valley for 10 years we have always been disappointed with the choice of eating establishments available. We had been to the Tillietudlem in the past but hadn't been for a few years due to a previous visit basically not being that great. We have now today revisited the restaurant after being recommended it again by a friend and advised that it was under new ownership.
The lunch time specials are fantastic Value for money. (£6.95 for two courses ,£7.95 for 3 Monday - Thursday at time of writing.) The choice of the specials is limited, but although it is a limited menu for the specials, the food is of an excellent standard. There is plenty more choice in the a la carte menu and the prices too seem reasonable.
Really can't praise the place highly enough, staff were also friendly and the cost of drinks was also very good. Will definitely be recommending this place.
Don't be put off by how quiet the pace is. We were the only people in the restaurant, although it was about 2pm on a Monday afternoon, which would be the end of the lunch trade. Hopefully the place will be able to pull in more trade and we can become regulars.

• Visited February 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“best steak around, yum, yum, yum!”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Defo. best steak for miles. Chef was great prepared food exactly as asked for by someone picky like me, even gave a doggybag in person and as I dont have big appetite so enough for next night. Staff very friendly and leather seats in bar to relax in later rounded night off. Only thing missing was atmosphere as very quiet but have been back during day when much busier still very attentive. Try it and you'll be back.

• Visited October 2011
Larkhall, United Kingdom
“replenishment”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

after walking from the nearby popinjay hotel..lunch with beer and wine and the missus,,,terrific

Visited January 2012