“Yummy food” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Dolphin
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Ilminster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Description: The Dolphin is one of the oldest buildings in Ilminster, housing a pub restaurant serving traditional Briitish food with ingredients from the butcher opposite.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Its a long time since I have eaten such good wholesome, home cooked food
(and I am really fussy)
I can't recommend this pub highly enough and am really pleased we stopped in Ilminster.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank essy649

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

The food was 1st class and good value for money. It was all home cooked and a good menu to choose from.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Pauline W
Somerset
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We visited this quaint place today. We had the seafood platter and Ploughman's lunch. The 'mature' woman behind the bar was so friendly and helpful. The staff were very efficient and polite. Great location, friendly atmosphere, helpful staff and lovely woman behind the bar. I guess the downside was that the food was too salty and the garlic bread was too oily and not very garlicky....but, the atmosphere, location the woman made up for everything. I would have given it a 3 or four star, but I feel that it was just too good a place (if the chef can reduce the salt content, even giving the diner a choice and reduce the oily in the bread, but increase the garlic) to give it anything but a 5 star...if only for the helpfulness and enthusiasm of the woman herself.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Thad I
Surrey
“Good deal for OAPs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Whilst visiting Ilminster we popped in to The Dolphin for a coffee and a bite to eat.
The barman was quick to tell us that there was a special menu for seniors at a very reasonable price of £6 each for 2 courses.
Although not liking to be taken for over 60 - even though I am! - I was glad to take advantage of the offer for my husband and me.
And the food was delicious.
One word of caution though, the coffee came in very small cups and was very over priced in our opinion!

• Visited August 2012