“Late Booking”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Plough Inn

Plough Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Wrington
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weston
“Late Booking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Booked late on a Saturday and managed to get a table for 7 pm. Table was next to the kitchens which wasn't brilliant but the staff were lovely, service excellent and the food really good. Entered into a pub and came out into the back into a huge room which was very well decorated so it felt really comfortable. Very buzzy as very busy but this didn't affect the service or the standard of food. Not cheap but nicely cooked and presented and of a high standard for a pub. Will definitely return, We all had different things from the menu and enjoyed it all, I especially liked my favourite the duck.

• Visited November 2013

Lagos
“Gastro pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

An over-hyped term, but it really does describe the food at this pub. An excellent choice of menu and expect to pay between £15 and £25 according to your selection and wine consumption.

Visited November 2013
Craig A, General Manager at Plough Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello

Thank you for your comment and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards

Craig Alexander

Clevedon, United Kingdom
“Poor Service, wrong menu and an abundance of flies !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were joined by 13 other diners for a birthday celebration last night. Afer many phones before the event we arrived to found our table was laid for the wrong number. The Starter of Charcuterie meat was a platter of 'lidle ' type 'solami' and bread ,verging on the 'sell by date.All for £12 !

One diner was served a wrong 'prebooked ' menu as the original booked order ( we were told ) was 'off' the changed menu. I've checked today and it's back on the menu ! It was also cold because it had been returned to the kitchen while the problem was being looked into. With a delay offerred , if a new meal was cooked ( and everbody waiting to start their main course ) he had no option but to accept the meal that had been hanging around. We were offered a free meal for this inconvenience !

The maincourse bread was a repeat of the starter bread and had probably been cut at the same time resulting in 'crusty' edges.
We had to continually ask for water , sauces ,drinks etc. and along with being pestered by many flies it was not a night to enjoy.
Over priced , unfriendly and very disappointing.

Clevedon

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Alan B
Hello
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your dinning experience with us on Saturday night. Our bread is delivered fresh every day so I am surprised that you thought it was out of date, sometimes mistakes are made in the kitchen and front of house but we try to keep these to a minimum, this does not excuse the mistake in the first place though. I feel that having been given a free meal goes some way to compensating you for these errors. In terms of service we did have two inexperienced staff members due to sickness. The fly situation is not helped by the fact the weather is still mild, we do use fly spray in the morning but as I am sure you understand, you can not spray this around food or people.
I would like to take this oppertunity to invite you back for a complimentary meal for two people (where you only pay for drinks) so we can show you that this was a one off.Should you wish to accept this offer please ring and book a table and mention this reply.
Kind regards
Craig Alexander
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slightly disappointed...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I visited the pub tonight for a meal with friends, I have visited the pub before and never been disappointed. However, tonight was a slightly different story. We were sat straight away at 7:00, there were about 12 other people dining in the restaurant at the time. It took over 15 minutes to order a drink and after asking again, over 20 minutes longer to order our food. This would be ok if it was busy! But it was very quiet as it was a Monday night. Our starter took another 20 minutes to come and there was never an apology. When I asked the waitress some questions when ordering my main it seemed like I was being annoying and she wasn't always sure of the answer regarding the food. Overall the service was slow, the menu is fairly restricted and unfortunately quite pricey. It is shame as this was one of my favourite local pubs

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Claire M M
Ramelton, Ireland
“Good food convenient for Bristol Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We needed to find somewhere to eat close to Bristol Airport. A quick google search came up with the Plough Inn, Wrington. As another reviewer says - I also wish it was my local. Staff were helpful giving us clear directions to the airport. We had whole lemon sole which was very tasty. Just a pity it was swimming in butter. This pub is a good find for anyone needing good food convenient to Bristol Airport.

• Visited October 2013