“Enjoy the Wine!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Terricciola B&B and Inns
telgte
“Enjoy the Wine!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We enjoyed the spring in Tuscany so much!!! The weather was incredibly excellent, the food delicious and the wine....oh the wine produced there was great!. And most of all: friendly people. We will definitely come back!

Ulrike und Johannes

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pievedepitti, Proprietario at Agriturismo Pieve de' Pitti, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Uli and Johannes, many thanks for your review on your stay at Pieve de' Pitti. We really appreciate it and we're so happy to hear that you brought back home good memories of us. Grapes we tasted together during the Winetour have been finally harvested last Friday. We hope you would come back next year to taste the wine we made with!!!!
Ich verspreche mein Deutsch wird im kommenden Jahr ganz besser sein!!!! Liebe Grüße

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

I read these reviews on Trip Advisor and I thought I was reading a review for some different place. I have returned here several times because it was such a good experience and each visit was always pleasurable and relaxing . This is one of the best values for the high quality experience you get .
My latest stay was for a week in August 2010 with my family and my elderly mother. The host, as expected, was very accommodating and friendly and very helpful with all the access for handicapped people. As is standard for accommodations, I paid a deposit at the time of the reservation and the first night I arrived I paid the balance for the rest of my stay. The first day we arrived the hosts gave us a tour of the place and informed us about all the events in the area such as concerts, tasting of local foods and they invited us to participate at the Feast of San Lorenzo in Terricciola . At the Poggetto all the rooms have access to the pool and for my mom, who is 90 it was the best holiday in her life for the pleasure to go out with no stress and enjoy the panorama of the hills .
Every single day we had the pleasure of tasting an elegant continental breakfast .This included various types of preserves and jams made by the hosts with very good bread and homemade fruit juices .For those who want a more substantial breakfast the hosts willingly prepares eggs and sausages from the farm . Other amenities are the swimming pool for cooling off at any time of the day or evening, and the views of the vineyard with the surrounding hillside. It is particularly nice for strolling around the olive grove and returning to a farm-fresh meal filled with agricultural products from the Poggetto.
Staying at the Poggetto is the type of holiday I would return to again without hesitation. I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a truly typical and special experience of the local Tuscan countryside.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank marika78_10
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

I don't know why these people had such a negative experience. My husband and I stayed here and had a fabulous time. Everyone was courteous and pleasant and the place is absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rudolph1234
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2008

I recently stayed in this villa for my wedding and feel I should recount my experience. The owner of this villa is extremely unhelpful and has no idea about customer service.

Firstly, she refused to make up an extra bed so that I could have a room to myself the night before my wedding, even though I gave her more than 1 days notice, becuause she had set a deadline of 11 a.m. and I was unable to ring her until 1p.m (as I was obviously busy planning my wedding).

As a result of this inflexibiliy I actually had to move 3 people to another villa to enable me to have a room to myself the night before my wedding!! extra stress which is not needed when you are getting married.

Secondly, there was a horrible smell coming from the drain in one of the appartments. It lingered for the entire 3 days we were there despite us trying to run the water, and the fact that one of the party was a plumber. The smell was so strong that I had to move the 2 people staying there to another room.

She outrightly refused to refund me any money for either of these upsets. She even went as far as to blame the smell on the fact that one of the girls had shaved her legs in the shower! completely ridicluous.

Be warned if you stay here. I should have guessed that she was difficult when my wedding planner wouldn't deal with her directly but that is another story.

If you are getting married in pieve de pitti or in this area, stay in Il Selvino (where I moved my guests). The owner is far nicer and was extremely accomodating.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the owner/customer service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank evilone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Terricciola
Agriturismo Colleverde
Diacceroni Agriturismo Biologico
Casale Podernovo
Casale Podernovo
#8 of 19 in Terricciola

Been to Agriturismo Pieve de' Pitti? Share your experiences!