We have visited Dalmunzie a few times but this was our first weekend stay. The staff were so friendly and welcoming! Nothing was ever too much bother.
We saw Dalmunzie on-line when looking for a wedding venu and booked it immediately and I can say with 100% confidence, that after staying this weekend I do not have one doubt about our choice. It is the perfect getaway.
The food is excellent, the Wine List even better! You can't help but relax here. We were delighted with every aspect of our weekend away.
I cannot understand the bad reviews on this website at all. It seems as if those who have complained are simply going to this hotel to look for fault. You clearly haven't been honest when reviewing. There is so so much to enjoy. The rooms are beautiful, very clean and tidy, and the decor compliments the style of the hotel so well. Yes the bathrooms are dated but I don't believe they would fit the character of the hotel any other way.
The lounges are so cozy, and to top it off I have to point out that Brianna and Scott the directors, are a pleasure to be around. They are never far away and always like to know that you are enjoying yourself. Very friendly and involved staff. Its nice to go to a hotel where you can tell that all of the staff are happy and really do care and enjoy their work.
I believe this is a place we will be returning for many years to come!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an elegant, turreted castle and former laird's residence dating from 1510, Dalmunzie Castle is a traditional hotel on a 6,500-acre estate with mountain views, and is situated 5.9 miles from the Glenshee Ski Centre and 24.8 miles from Pitlochry train station. The individually designed, antique-furnished rooms all include en suite bathrooms. Complimentary breakfast is served in an expansive, white-tablecloth dining room, which also offers a fine-dining menu of Scottish cuisine made from locally sourced produce. There are wood-panelled lounges, a library and a snug bar, as well as a 9-hole golf course, a tennis court and numerous hiking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalmunzie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmunzie Hotel Blairgowrie
- Dalmunzie Castle Spittal Of Glenshee, Scotland