A late decision to stay, before a day on the slopes of Glenshee. The hotel staff were very efficient, slightly restrained, but unlike some other reviewers, I thought genuine and happy to help. Breakfast was good quality and quick, full dinner was a taste sensation, we stayed much longer at the dinner table, playing family board games, we realised the clock had stopped and it was much much later than we thought, but no feeling of unease from staff, in some hotels it would have been very clear that staff wanted to get away, not here. A missing piece of our game was ready for us at checkout. So well done Dalmunzie! We'll be back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an elegant, turreted castle and former laird's residence dating from 1510, Dalmunzie Castle is a traditional hotel on a 6,500-acre estate with mountain views, and is situated 5.9 miles from the Glenshee Ski Centre and 24.8 miles from Pitlochry train station. The individually designed, antique-furnished rooms all include en suite bathrooms. Complimentary breakfast is served in an expansive, white-tablecloth dining room, which also offers a fine-dining menu of Scottish cuisine made from locally sourced produce. There are wood-panelled lounges, a library and a snug bar, as well as a 9-hole golf course, a tennis court and numerous hiking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalmunzie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmunzie Hotel Blairgowrie
- Dalmunzie Castle Spittal Of Glenshee, Scotland