Stayed here during January and first impression was okay and the location is great if the weather is kind to you. Room was cold and fairly bland and the hotel in general is quite tired. Firstly the manager was verging on rude when we merely asked to reserve a table and in general he seemed to be more in the background rather then welcoming customers. The rest of the staff were very pleasant but the manager needs some training in how to deal with the general public. The food was okay but nothing like as good as we were expecting and had to wait some time to get served and the bar area is small and not very welcoming.
All in all I have stayed in far better country house hotels and this place needs a manager who can actually deal with customers and greatly improve the whole experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an elegant, turreted castle and former laird's residence dating from 1510, Dalmunzie Castle is a traditional hotel on a 6,500-acre estate with mountain views, and is situated 5.9 miles from the Glenshee Ski Centre and 24.8 miles from Pitlochry train station. The individually designed, antique-furnished rooms all include en suite bathrooms. Complimentary breakfast is served in an expansive, white-tablecloth dining room, which also offers a fine-dining menu of Scottish cuisine made from locally sourced produce. There are wood-panelled lounges, a library and a snug bar, as well as a 9-hole golf course, a tennis court and numerous hiking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Dalmunzie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmunzie Hotel Blairgowrie
- Dalmunzie Castle Spittal Of Glenshee, Scotland