Dalmunzie has a lot of potential to be a luxury hotel given its beautiful location and historic premises, but it didn't come close. The reception was an absolute pig sty and the person on desk quite unprofessional. Not a good first impression. My room was drab and had a stale feel. The door handle was falling off, the shower fittings were yellowing and the grout had mould in it. I noticed similar poor maintenance around the premises, e.g. a latge brown stain on the roof of the sun room. However, the dining room was nice and the food quite good. Most of the staff tried hard to please but lacked polish. Overall, I was disappointed with the hotel and left with a bad feeling. Definitely not worth the £150. I do not recommend you stay here unless there is a complete overhaul of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an elegant, turreted castle and former laird's residence dating from 1510, Dalmunzie Castle is a traditional hotel on a 6,500-acre estate with mountain views, and is situated 5.9 miles from the Glenshee Ski Centre and 24.8 miles from Pitlochry train station. The individually designed, antique-furnished rooms all include en suite bathrooms. Complimentary breakfast is served in an expansive, white-tablecloth dining room, which also offers a fine-dining menu of Scottish cuisine made from locally sourced produce. There are wood-panelled lounges, a library and a snug bar, as well as a 9-hole golf course, a tennis court and numerous hiking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dalmunzie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmunzie Hotel Blairgowrie
- Dalmunzie Castle Spittal Of Glenshee, Scotland