The Castle was very nice, the service excellent. We stayed in the Laird's room which had a very comfortable bed and was very roomy. We felt like we were staying in the country in the 1940's. The plumbing was from the 1920's so the water pressure and the temperature was not the best but that was the only thing not perfect about our stay. As a matter of fact every day we were there I kept meaning to ask for a room on a lower floor in order to see if we could have better pressure but we were having such a good time I always forgot. Plus I always felt very rustic and adventurous after taking a shower there. And I loved the period tub / fixtures.
The food at the Castle was Superb and the selection of Whisky's was incredible - I love whisky and the selection was so varied I was introduced to new brands - which unfortunately I cannot get here in the US.
The property was beautiful - we walked the highlands and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and we were close enough to take day trips and explore the country side.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants great food, incredible service, and to experience the Scottish countryside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an elegant, turreted castle and former laird's residence dating from 1510, Dalmunzie Castle is a traditional hotel on a 6,500-acre estate with mountain views, and is situated 5.9 miles from the Glenshee Ski Centre and 24.8 miles from Pitlochry train station. The individually designed, antique-furnished rooms all include en suite bathrooms. Complimentary breakfast is served in an expansive, white-tablecloth dining room, which also offers a fine-dining menu of Scottish cuisine made from locally sourced produce. There are wood-panelled lounges, a library and a snug bar, as well as a 9-hole golf course, a tennis court and numerous hiking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Dalmunzie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmunzie Hotel Blairgowrie
- Dalmunzie Castle Spittal Of Glenshee, Scotland