We had obviously unrealistic expectations when we booked this accommodation. We expected a truly Scottish experience in the middle of nowhere. Although everything was quite nice, it lacked much that made us feel like we were in Scotland. Our room was very nice and spacious, the 4 poster bed was comfortable. The countryside was absoloutley beautiful and this is what we will remember. The Hotel had very helpful friendly staff who were sincerely attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. Dinner in the restaurant was O.K., the menu said that it would be unrushed but we found quite the opposite, this began when our nuts and olives were removed prior to us finishing and then a very small entree was served (I could have used the nuts). You are advised by the Hotel to book Dinner which we agree with as the Hotel is very remote. Breakfast was very nice and again the staff are very accomodating. Overall very nice experience with great staff, probably more like a guest house than a "castle hotel".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an elegant, turreted castle and former laird's residence dating from 1510, Dalmunzie Castle is a traditional hotel on a 6,500-acre estate with mountain views, and is situated 5.9 miles from the Glenshee Ski Centre and 24.8 miles from Pitlochry train station. The individually designed, antique-furnished rooms all include en suite bathrooms. Complimentary breakfast is served in an expansive, white-tablecloth dining room, which also offers a fine-dining menu of Scottish cuisine made from locally sourced produce. There are wood-panelled lounges, a library and a snug bar, as well as a 9-hole golf course, a tennis court and numerous hiking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotel.de, Agoda, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalmunzie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmunzie Hotel Blairgowrie
- Dalmunzie Castle Spittal Of Glenshee, Scotland