Didn't stay at this hotel but had called in several times 12 months ago when staying in the area so decided to visit again this year as we'd had so many relaxing afternoons there.Not open when we first called - only open if guests are booked in. Went back a few days later on the off chance that it would be open & it was. The 4 of us were really looking forward to an afternoon sitting by the open fire over beer for the boys, coffee for us girls & a good read of the papers. As it was, there were 4 residents already huddled around the fire trying to get warm as their rooms were so cold. We ordered a pot of coffee for 2 & 2 pints of Guinness. No Guinness available (unlike the previous year). The boys made do with a low abv bitter (it was that or lager). 7 pints each later (over the space of 4 hours I hasten to add) we called for the bill. £61.00 for 4 cups of coffee & weak beer priced at £3.85 a pint!!!!! We paid & didn't return. Sorry guys, nice looking hotel but at the prices you're charging at the bar, surely you can afford to crank the heating up or maybe offer more competitive prices & you would have had another 6 days of drinking out of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Highlands, the hotel is situated on the north shore above Loch Rannoch and the picturesque village of Kinloch Rannoch with majestic views of the loch and hills that are simply breathtaking. The magnificent setting is the ideal location to enjoy a break away from busy lives or a romantic retreat. Steeped in tradition and rich in heritage, the hotel invites one to step back to a quieter time, while still enjoying the comfort of a superb hotel. Looking for somewhere to enjoy quality Scottish food? There is a fine selection of meals to be enjoyed in The Ptarmigan Restaurant or the Schiehallion Bar. Here at our Loch Rannoch Perthshire hotel we use only the freshest of ingredients to provide fantastic food, expertly prepared, in beautiful surroundings with superb service. And when you need to unwind, our Leisure Club is the ideal way to relax after a long day. Heated swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym are on offer to relieve stress and leave you feeling refreshed. For the more energetic, Schiehallion - our local Munro - beckons. There are numerous woodland walks nearby too, which are suitable for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel Kinloch Rannoch, Scotland
- Macdonald Loch Rannoch Kinloch