“An Wee Gem at the foot of Schiehallion”
other traveler has booked this property
The impressive Bunrannoch House, Kinloch Rannoch, in Highland Perthshire
Stylish living room, with a roaring fire A great space for relaxing with friends or family
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The impressive Bunrannoch House, Kinloch Rannoch, in Highland Perthshire
Stylish living room, with a roaring fire
A great space for relaxing with friends or family
Looking out from the living room to the hills beyond
Flexible dining table, suitable for up to 16 guests
Perfect for entertaining
The large, well equipped kitchen...
...ideal or catering for large groups
Feature staircase
The master bedroom, which can be set up as either 2 single beds or a super king size bed
With homely touches throughout
Bedroom 5, which can be super king size bed and two single beds, or four single beds
With stunning views across the Highland!
Bedroom 6, which can be set up as either 2 single beds or a super king size bed
A stylish and well-proportioned bedroom
An ensuite bathroom in the eaves, which contains a bath with overhead shower, toilet & wash basin
The ground floor bar and boot room, perfect after a day out
The spacious Bunrannoch House, a perfect rural retreat!
A view from the garden
Looking down beautiful Loch Rannoch
The local village of Kinloch Rannoch
An idyllic rural location
Majestic Schiehallion rises up behind Bunrannoch House
Welcome to Bunrannoch House!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
7 Bedrooms, 9 Bathrooms, Sleeps 16
Kinloch Rannoch, Perth and Kinross, Scotland

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 69 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
German first
Any
kfrew
Scotland
“An Wee Gem at the foot of Schiehallion”
Reviewed July 29, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

We booked this wee hotel to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday. We had friends staying over and 17 people for an evening meal. What a fantastic place! Don't be put off by the slightly scruffy exterior - the owners, Ben and Rita, are in the middle of a major refurbishment of the building and things are just a wee bit "up in the air" at the moment. The welcome that awaits you inside is second to none. The bedrooms are very comfortable and clean, the sitting room and dining room are also very comfortable, relaxing and as formal or informal as you'd want them to be. Ben is a super host - once you get used to his dry sense of humour. The food is almost entirely locally sourced (you've got to try the Pike and Trout Pate, made from fish caught in Loch Rannoch, a stone's throw from the hotel), and Rita is an absolute wizard in the Kitchen! Ben and Rita designed the menu to suit our party - vegetarians, vegans, gluten free - she takes everything in her stride and produces food that any top establishment would struggle to compete with. The portions are generous, to say the least, and she makes the best Apple Crumble I have ever tasted. If you want to sample a dram of good whisky, Ben is your man - and like Rita, he's not mean with the measures.
Everyone in our group said that they'd love to go back and spend at least a weekend here. A perfect spot for good food, good drink, nestling between Loch Rannoch and Schehallion, and all at really good value for money.
Ben and Rita made a special night even more memorable.

Value Cleanliness
Traveling group: Family
amilw
dumfries
“oh my god i,v been in food heaven. great welcome.”
Reviewed July 24, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

My family arranged for my 50th birthday meal here as we have 3 vegetrians and 1 gluten free people to cater for. My wonderful friends also booked in here for the overnight stay as a surprise. Rita and Ben made us feel so welcome as if we were being served in our own home.Ben is very knowlegable about whisky and debated them with the men and Rita explained the use of cooking ingrediantswhen quized about the food.The birthday chocolate birthday cakewith fresh strawberry and cream was amazing as was the gluten free one.The exterior of the building may put you of as they are in the process of renovating this old building back to its former beauty and a good job they are doing. All of us have decided to go back at some point and stay here for a few days as a group as it feels so relaxed.

Value Cleanliness
Traveling group: Family
LucyLocke...
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Excellent vegan good in the depths of Scotland”
Reviewed July 17, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

In the nearly 45 years I have been a vegetarian (with vegan leanings) I have never experienced a menu which offers more than a choice between two options, except, obviously, in specialitst vegetarian establishments. I was bowled over by the menu offered at Bunrannoch House. I am not used to having to choose - and that was made more difficult rather than easier as Rita gave me tasty little samples of this and that - it was all so delicious. Finally when we were leaving, she presented me with a slice of vegan choclate cake for my elevenses the next day - and such a generous portion that there was sufficient for my husband to tuck in as well.

Thank you Rita and Ben for an excellent evening.

Traveling group: Couples
Your age range 50-64
JuergenMu...
Munich, Germany
“Scotland's best food”
Reviewed June 15, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Staying in this house is like coming home. We were not sure whether to have dinner there or not, but one look at the menu was enough to convince us. We didn't regret our decision. Quite the contrary, it was absolutely delicious. We were stuffed after the first two courses, but then Rita showed us her apple cake and I was lost.

Date of stay: June 2011
Cleanliness Service
Traveling group: Friends
BruceHM
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
“Friendly, hospitable with outstanding food”
Reviewed June 12, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

We ventured for the 1st time as weve been to Rannoch for the last 6 years -we loved it. The relaxed atmosphere with great food - my Salmon with oatmeal was delicious - We will back

Date of stay: May 2011
al-the-tr...
Scotland
“The perfect rural retreat”
Reviewed May 10, 2011 for a stay in April 2011
person found this review helpful

We ended up here at the last moment thanks to a booking error elsewhere, and how lucky we were! Ben and Rita immediately made us feel at home, offering us a cup of tea in front of the open fire. We then enjoyed a truly 5* dinner chosen from a menu full of tasty local dishes.
We were due to stay for just a couple of nights, but after two days of such warm hospitality and excellent food, we decided to stay for a further two nights.
If you are travelling in Perthshire and want some where to stay that offers comfort, informal hospitality, and excellent food, all at a most reasonable price, the Bunrannoch is the place for you.

Date of stay: April 2011
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
bronte1
“Home from home.”
Reviewed October 10, 2010 for a stay in October 2010
person found this review helpful

Just back from three days of amazing highland hospitality provided by Ben and Rita at Bunrannoch House. This is truly a home from home as each evening, after dinner, people of all nationalities gather around the fire in the comfortable lounge and sort out the world’s problems over a dram or two.
Ben and Rita ,together with their dogs and two ”hand reared” pet sheep are real characters and nothing is ever too much trouble, with Rita even meeting the take away gourmet food requests of guests staying at the nearby time share complex.
Much of the excellent fare, from the wild game to the fish, is sourced locally and was so good that I had to ask Rita to freeze some for me in order that I might return home with a supply of her wonderful venison stew.

Bunrannoch House is a former 19th C hunting lodge and sits proudly on a small promontory on the edge of Kinloch Rannoch village on the” Road to the Isles”.
I used to visit it several years ago when it was run by Jennifer Skeaping a fine Australian lady . Even then, the food was to die for but the house was in need of some serious TLC. This has been undertaken by Ben and Rita who are in the process of bringing the house in to the 21st century. What they have achieved in a short time is amazing and the process continues. I look forward to seeing how the house develops in the next few years.
Presently however the house functions very well and as I have said the food and hospitality are first class. I have come away feeling well sated ,in fact spoiled and happy in the knowledge that I have made new friends in Ben and Rita. I’m counting the days until I can go back!

Date of stay: October 2010
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing