We went to have Sunday lunch at the restaurant. We were nicely greeted and made to feel welcome. We were able to choose our table and the luncheon menu was extremely nice, with lots of choice and a good range of food. The food was excellently cooked and served. Drinks were also excellent, with some lovely fresh orange juice, red wine, etc.
Coffee was also excellent. One comment that I would have is that the coffee sugar was served in paper sachets, which for the class and style of restaurant wasn't (in my view) appropriate. other restaurants in this class would serve lump sugar or similar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 15 miles from Oxford and 11 miles from Blenheim Palace, the Old Swan & Minster Mill is nestled in 65 acres of idyllic grounds in the picturesque village of Minster Lovell. This quintessentially English inn and adjoining mill seamlessly blend the rural charm of these historic buildings with modern design, luxurious comfort and delicious menus crafted from the best seasonal produce. The magical gardens, wild flower meadows and woodland which enclose the mill and inn come alive during the summer months – fishing, walking, croquet and tennis are the order of the day while throughout cooler weather roaring log fires provide a welcome retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Old Swan & Minster Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Hotel Witney
- Old Swan And Minster Mill
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire