My wife and I stayed here last night for a wedding and found the hotel / grounds excellent on the whole. Staff were polite, friendly and helpful and the room was generally quite excellent (especially as we were upgraded for free!). Our only real complaints were:
The bed was quite uncomfortable, largely because it was clearly made up of two beds, sadly with differing height mattresses. This meant that there was a hard seam in the middle which resulted in both of us getting a less than ideal night's sleep.
The breakfast was distinctly average (not bad by any means, but I expected better), and it took a very long time to refill the hotplates after they had run out of eggs, bacon and mushrooms. I was, however, very impressed that they had comb honey available.
Finally, the coffee provided for the room was bog standard Nescafe... which frankly isn't fit for man nor beast (so I'm a bit of a coffee snob). I would have expected something higher quality, especially given the expensive toiletries they provide.
Other than that, I'd certainly be happy to visit again (and probably will). The sloe gin was a really nice touch, as were the marshmallows for the fire pit on the patio. Sadly the marshmallows were covered in towel fluff, would probably be a good idea to have them under some sort of dome.
p.s. Mobile phone coverage was very spotty... but that might be all for the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 15 miles from Oxford and 11 miles from Blenheim Palace, the Old Swan & Minster Mill is nestled in 65 acres of idyllic grounds in the picturesque village of Minster Lovell. This quintessentially English inn and adjoining mill seamlessly blend the rural charm of these historic buildings with modern design, luxurious comfort and delicious menus crafted from the best seasonal produce. The magical gardens, wild flower meadows and woodland which enclose the mill and inn come alive during the summer months – fishing, walking, croquet and tennis are the order of the day while throughout cooler weather roaring log fires provide a welcome retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Old Swan & Minster Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Hotel Witney
- Old Swan And Minster Mill
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire