The Vale of Belvoir Inn & Hotel
$94
$70
$52
Travelodge Grantham A1(Grantham)(Great Value!)
$50
Travelodge
Colwick Hall Hotel(Nottingham)
$88
Orbitz.com
$56
The Grange Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
$88
Millgate House Hotel(Newark-on-Trent)
$100
$112
$91
$94
$82
$62
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 13, 2013

8.95 for a 2 course meal, fine... After all this is a poor microwave based cavery, so we accept the quality won't be great. However, what we didn't expect was the 7.95 charge for my 2 and a half old son, and a 2 pound charge for my 14 month old daughter to have an empty bowl. Why we didn't walk out is beyond me, perhaps the desperation of driving around looking for somewhere. The food, as expected, wasn't great but being sat there looking at a child's portion that was a pound less than an adult and my son not eating much was nothing short than theft. It was embarressing being sat there knowing the unfriendly and rude women who served us was actually getting money for the pleasure of being so blatent. Oh and the changing room didn't have a light, and the window was open... Freezing! Overall, I would recommend any where but here...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Jon E
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I have stayed in lots of hotels, Inns, B&Bs etc over the years and I would like everyone to know that My stay at this venue was absolutly first rate. The location is beautiful, the accomodation was terrific, the staff and management were very attentive in all respects and the food was spot on, no problems at all. I would recommend this venue for anyone and it will be my first choice when I come back to work in this area.

Russell B.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After reading other reviews, I was concerned the hotel may be a bit seedy, but I needed a hotel close to where I was working for the weekend. I can understand some of the other comments, (if you want Park Lane quality, pay Park Lane prices!!) but I couldn't fault it for the price and have had much worse for much more money. The welcome was good, the rooms comfy and warm, staff friendly and helpful and I can only describe the food as superb - a hearty and well cooked English breakfast and a perfectly cooked rump steak for evening meal. I'll definitely be staying again, it's just a shame there were not more people staying there during my visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Arrived on a Late Rooms booking very cheap and that made perfect sense once I entered the Hotel. Drab, Uninviting, No receptionist, Had to make myself known in the bar to get my room key.
Room at best OK. Meals of poor quality and most likely microwaved. This place need a good coat of paint and some TLC urgently. Will not stay again.
On the plus side the Bar Staff mostly young ladies were great and made the best out of a bad job.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank terry s
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is an hotel which is in need of some tender loving care. There is so much that is right about it ,and much that has been neglected. Whomesoever owns this place really needs to saty there to experience the experience. On my arrival, I entered "reception" only to find there was no body there. It took me quite a few minutes to explore the rest of the hotel, only to find that Sophie behind the bar was more than happy to book me in. On returning to the reception area, I noticed that there was a notice inviting arrivals to report to the bar, but it was completed obscured behind some other things cluttering up the desk. My room was clean and had 2 twin beds, with en-suite.
The hotel on the first night was very busy, and after returning from my family around 08:30 pm I confirmed that a meal would be available: it was; not good, but I put it down to experience. After a sleepless night trying to keep the thin and narrow duvet in place, trying various combinations of extra duvets and blankets, I had to abandon any coverings and simply fell into an exhausted but cold doze, waking with a start every few minutes.................vey strange. Breakfast the next day was like being in Terminal 4 at Heathrow when all the planes have landed...you have to use your wits, and don't expect the dour staff to be very accommodating, althoug I finally got my poached egg, rather than the greasy fried offering. Why am I scoring 3 blobs out of 5? Because the rest of my stay was really, really good. On my return from a day out with family at Twin Lakes, near Melton Mowbray, I again chanced my arm and after a short stop at the Rutland Arms in nearby Bottesford, I got back to the Vale a little earlier (sussing out other eateries in the area). Following a conversation with the chef about my disappointment the previous evening he assured me that it would be better tonight, and it was...........he supervised Nick his junior chef, and Nick produced the best T-bone steask I have enjoyed for a long time. Beautifully cooked, not too many chips, onion rings, tomatoes and mushroom, and definitely, no cold salad piled on top. ACE!
Same nights sleeping experience, wrestling with the inadequate coverings, up early, got to get out of here, and great breakfast, again cooked to my liking by an attentive Nick. The breakfast smiley staff the following morning were also mined from a different seam, so whats happening?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo