“Lovely pub with lovely beer garden”
Review of Three Fiddles

Three Fiddles
Ranked #17 of 53 Restaurants in Guisborough
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Description: .
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We regularly walk to the Fiddles for either just a few drinks or a lunch time meal. We used to be more than frequent visitors before we had kids. Then, it was quite run down but always had a great atmosphere.

Now, like many places due to the recession, fewer people go in but the place is better than ever. The current landlord is really friendly and chatty and always makes an effort to come over and talk. The décor of the place is lovely making for a comfortable friendly atmosphere.

The Fiddles has a patio area at the rear, also with a good lawned area and picnic type tables.

In good weather we sit in the garden and eat. The food is always well prepared and tasty. The kids are also given a treat in the form of a party type bag with sweets/toy/drink/crisps.

All in all, a really nice place, lovely décor, well kept garden, good food and friendly staff

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was sad to see that such a lovely pub that has had a lovely refurb has become so badly run. The service was shocking, and it seemed we were interrupting the staffs social time with each other. The Parmesans tasted dry and out of date. When this was pointed out to the staff I couldn't believe the response when I was told it must be just me as she had had one before and there was nothing wrong with them! I was so appauled I never even wasted my time asking for a refund. We simply left and ate when we got home. Definitely one to avoid!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you want some decent food at good prices then I would strongly recommend you give the Three Fiddles a try.

Following the advice of friends I decided to give the Three Fiddles a go and I was pleasantly surprised. Having eaten here a few time now it has become one of my favourite places for lunch in the town. It’s clear as soon as you enter that the pub was recently refurbished and has had a lot of money spent on it. The staff are always very friendly and chatty even when busy, giving the place a really friendly atmosphere. The food is great value, working out at less than £5 for a main course, with generous portions and most importantly it’s great quality. Granted, the menu is a little on the basic side, sometimes when it’s busy it’s difficult to find a seat and you may have to wait a while for food.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited on a lunch time, Friday.
Never been before and the welcome was really friendly. The menu seemed too cheap to be true but the food was really nice. Really big plates of home cooked food, hot and tasty.
It was a real pleasure and we will definitely return in the very near future.
The staff were very nice too.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We've been here several times to eat, with Sunday lunch being average, but evening meals being excellent. Service is standard for the type of pub it is, and in general it's a lot nicer than many of the other pubs in Guisborough town centre. It's pub food- good pub food.