“A good restraurant but slow service”

Tocketts Mill Country Park & Restraurant
Ranked #12 of 49 Restaurants in Guisborough
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Country style Inn with Restaurant and large patio for al fresco dining and drinks. Serving breakfast through to evening meals. Accommodation available. Ideal for cosy tables for 2 and celebration tables.
Middlesbrough, England
“A good restraurant but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I went for steak night with my wife. We had two steaks for £16 we had a pint of coke and a pint of larger. I had my steak medium and my wife had welk done. They were nice but took an age to get them and took a long time to get the bill. They did seem quite buisy but not full. I would go again to check if service was just slow on that night as we enjoyed yhe steaks and it was cheap. I would also think about having a three course meal there

• Visited July 2014

Middlesbrough
“Try here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

When ever I have a hankering for a steak, I visit here.
The staff advice on meals is always excellent.
Also the Sunday lunch is really good! Better than these mass produced caverys

Northallerton, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Called in today for an evening meal with two friends. A nice sunny evening so outside dining was a necessity. Arrived in the bar and ordered some drinks. Draught fosters which was spot on. Asked the lady behind the bar if we could order food only to be told they had bar snacks available. The bar snacks consisted of crisps and nuts, not what we expected. Anyhow disappointed we retreated to the beer garden. This was an excellent outside area. Sadly the smell of sewage ruined it. Early evening meal spoiled by lack of food and sewage.

1 Thank Thechutneymaster
Cleveland England
“3 course evening meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Tocketts Mill really is on the up. We had the full 3 courses and I can thoroughly recommend the rack of ribs.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Grumpyfiveho
Guisborough
“Appalled by food & staff attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have visited Tocketts many times and have always enjoyed the food. Last night 12 of us went for a birthday celebration. I ordered the Halibut fillet - which was served with potatoes and vegetables - I asked if I could have salad rather than the veg. When my meal arrived I was shocked to find a piece of halibut the size of a fish finger, 5 small wrinkled new potatoes and a small salad garnish which consisted of a few mixed leaves, some small pieces of cucumber(2 or 3) 2 small pieces of red onion and one small piece of red pepper. The food was tasty but when comparing the quality of my companions meals & the price I felt aggrieved at the cost of £12.75 for a main meal which was smaller than some of the starters my friends had chosen. I went over to speak to a male member of staff and explained my disappointment. His immediate reaction was that halibut is an expensive cut of fish. I acknowledged this but said that I was still unhappy with ALL of the meal. he said he would speak to the kitchen. A short time later he came over to our table and advised that he had spoken to the kitchen who had said that they were aware that they had problems with their fish supplier and whilst it was a 6 oz fillet (I would have estimated that the cooked weight would be no more than 3 oz) they were aware that they were shrinking considerably when cooked. I pointed out that my friend, who had chosen the salmon, king prawn (equally expensive fish) and cod tagliatelle, had actually left more fish than I had been served and that whilst I appreciated his explanation regarding the cost of the fish, any discerning restaurant would not blame their supplier and then continue to serve poor quality food. He then interrupted me mid sentence and said 'If you let me finish I was going to say that we will only charge you the same price as the fish tagliatelle' I was absolutely appalled at his rudeness. Needless to say we will not be visiting Tocketts again, more so because when the bill came they hadn't actually reduced the price of my meal. I didn't feel that it was appropriate to have to raise this again - my view being that reducing the cost by half would have been a more appropriate gesture but mainly due to the appalling attitude of the staff member - it wasn't worth the hassle! If diners want excellent, good value food they should try the Three Fiddles in Guisborough where they serve home cooked fresh food from an extensive menu at unbelievably reasonable prices - give this over priced establishment a wide berth.

• Visited July 2014