“Enjoyable food. ”

Tocketts Mill Country Park & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 54 Restaurants in Guisborough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Country style Inn with real log fire and Restaurant. Including Chico's Mediterranean style garden room for light bites and tapas. Large patio for al fresco dining and drinks. Serving breakfast through to evening meals. Accommodation available. Ideal for cosy tables for 2 and celebration tables.
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner came for our anniversary meal and really enjoyed it. Pleasant staff and the decor was relaxing. I would visit again.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Having read the reviews, I was expecting a good quality restaurant. We booked to take my Mother for her birthday lunch. Unfortunately Sunday appears to be Carvery only. You pay at the bar for a ticket and then join the queue. Everyone seemed to be piling their plates high with as much food as possible. Fine if that is what you like but it isn't what I like. I don't like Carvery or traditional Sunday Lunch in any form and I prefer quality over quantity. As there was nothing else, I didn't eat. It was very noisy and very much a bar with food rather than a restaurant. My family said the meat was nice and the food wasn't bad but it was just fodder......not restaurant quality at all. We left within 30 minutes. We didn't see or taste desert but golden syrup pudding with custard didn't sound appealing! A very disappointing experience.
Overall, if you want to eat huge amounts of Sunday Lunch, in a Carvery format, in a noisy bar atmosphere....visit. If you like a good choice of well cooked and presented food in a quieter restaurant environment.....don't visit. I can recommend The Tontine near Northallerton.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

A last minute decision to eat out tonight brought us to Tocketts Mill restaurant and what a good decision it was. Restaurant waiting staff managed to find us a table despite being very busy and were at all times very attentive. The house wine was very acceptable, which unfortunately for my diet, resulted in several glasses being consumed! We both ordered the sirloin steak, cooked medium; it arrived perfect, so tender and tasty and very little fat on it. Five stars for the meal, thank you chefs. We later went to the pub part of Tocketts and what a pleasant surprise. Fab atmosphere, friendly people, a lovely wood burning stove and more quality wine. Ended our evening chatting to Gabby, one of the chefs, what a fab, down to earth person who knows her stuff! So there you have it, we will defo be visting Tocketts on a regular basis from now on.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We recently visited Tocketts Mill with a fairly large family group for a post Christmas lunchtime meal. The food was lovely, they have an excellent 2 for £12 menu as well as the normal menu, as a group we had a selection from each with eight adult meals and one child's meal plus drinks coming in at just over £80.00 and everything was freshly cooked to order. We will definitely be going back again in the near future.

1  Thank stumpysbird
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Went for Xmas fare menu last night and have to say it was very nice ,house wine was quite nice and staff very pleasant ,all in all a good night deffinatly go again.

2  Thank leonfr