We visited on a get away from it all trip. Lovely reception - blazing log fire, and very friendly staff - help to find our room, which was needed, it is such a large building. Food was really well cooked and presented, so we can't understand why the olive oil in the oil and balsamic dip was so disgusting! We feel that someone has been pulling a fast one with this - Lidl olive oil, some of which we tested on arriving home to double - check is infinitely superior!
The tiny hair dryer conked out after a couple of minutes, but a nice big one was promptly brought by one of the cheerful and helpful staff, on request.
In a hotel like this we would have expected a gym, and when a spa is advertised, a pool as well, so for there not to be one was a bit disappointing, however, over all this was a very comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Congratulations on the staff, who were the most helpful and friendly we have ever come across in an hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors in the market town of Guisborough yet close to the coastal towns of Whitby and Saltburn-by-Sea is Gisborough Hall. A stunning, ivy-clad, period building with all the features to make you feel like Lord and Lady of the manor. When you're not exploring the fascinating local area, back at the hotel, our attentive team are happy to run around after you, serving our renowned afternoon tea or deliciously cooked evening meals, prepared using the freshest finest ingredients. A picture perfect wedding venue both inside and out, special memories are created at Gisborough Hall Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Gisborough Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gisborough Hall Guisborough
- Gisborough Hall Hotel Guisborough