“Lovely hotel near to town”

Gisborough Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Guisborough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Lovely hotel near to the town,got a good deal direct through the hotel website to include cream tea.Room 227 in the main hall,traditional room with lovely views,very comfortable .All staff very friendly and professional,nothing too much trouble.breakfast excellent,really good choice eg.fruit cereal full English,continental,pastries.Bar prices far too high,even for a hotel.Had a really lovely stay but a little disappointed when checking out was billed for the cream teas that was part of the special deal when booking,although to be fair this was rectified when I pointed it out .Unfortunately I wasn't the only person querying the bill.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 533jane
KimYardley, General Manager at Gisborough Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear 533jane

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel, we welcome comments in order to maintain and improve our standards.

I am so pleased that enjoyed your stay with us, however have asked my reception team to show greater care in checking guest bills.

We hope that you will return in the future.

Kim Yardley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,539)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed from Saturday 6 July to Sunday 7 July for my 30th birthday and I couldn't fault it. They really did go the extra mile to help make my birthday special. The staff were all excellent, the rooms were lovely and the surroundings were stunning. Would strongly recommend to anyone with something to celebrate or just wanting a relaxing weekend away.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cldurk

Dear Cldurk

Happy 30th Birthday! I am delighted that you chose to spend it with us.

I am pleased that you had such a faultless and relaxing stay with us, I hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Although a little pricey this hotel was fantastic and worth paying the extra money for a special occasion. The staff made you feel important and the waiter remembered our name after our first meeting. We visited this hotel as part of a holiday/birthday week away and this was the best of the Macdonalds hotels we stayed in.

Room Tip: The 4 poster suite was well worth the upgrade for a special occasion
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda F

Dear Linda F

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, following your recent stay at Gisborough Hall. I am so happy you spend your special occasion weekend with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with Macdonald Hotels, and a belated “happy birthday“ to you!.

We hope that you will soon return.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Ok heres the deal...we stayed at this hotel in June 2013 for 4 nights...based on the fact that we've used this chain before (this is the fifth time now) and its situated in a part of the country that we havent visited before. Our first night there was SO HOT(this is the niggle part of our stay) it was difficult to sleep and put a damper on the beginning of our break. However, we were moved the next day to another room which was so much cooler. The rooms were clean and tended to each day by the most helpful and friendly cleaning staff I've come across in any hotel - they were fantastic (I know the manager reads these posts so Im hoping that she'll forward this message to them).

I cant comment on the resturant/bar prices as we tend to stay away from both of these due to ....the prices. So, we ate most nights in the town centre. Maybe the chain need to re think their strategy for staying customers ? Just a thought.

So if you want a great break in a beautiful part of the country.......this could be for you.

Room Tip: Not room 114 as its sooooooo hot.....we were moved to the ground floor (room number 001 to 014 I thi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hengis_me

Dear hengis_me

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I do let the team know what the comments are and if any action has to be taken, we also put the reviews on the staff notice board. My housekeeping team will be delighted to read your comments.

It is most unfortunate that with the recent mugginess in the weather that some of our rooms became very hot.

I am disappointed that you chose not to dine with us during your 4-night stay, we have recently introduced the summer menu into the G Bar and it is proving very popular, the restaurant continues to attract those seeking a wonderful dining experience.

We hope that you will return and enjoy all of our facilities.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed over for a wedding. Couldn't fault the food quality - but portions a little on the small side. Bar prices rediculous - very over priced spirits & low calorie mixers. If more sensibly priced people would buy more! Service & cleanliness excellent. Lovely sized bedroom with very comfy bed & so quiet, yet so close to the wedding venue. The venue room was decorated beautifully

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jillian W

Dear Jillian W

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed the wedding that you attended at the hotel: the food quality, ambience and service.

I am reviewing the pricing for our banqueting suite liquor to ensure that it is in line with local competition.

We hope that you will return in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Shared a room here with my girlfriend whilst attending my friends wedding. First impressions when driving up the drive 'Wow!'.
The events place is round the right of the hall, reception at the left and the place is huge. After checking in which was freindly painless process we drove round to the wedding side, very impressed with the events room, big and decorated in a contrasting modern but old fashioned way. Wedding was excellent with lovely food and drinks - the staff transformed the room into a posh dining area! The conservatory was great aswell. The grounds are immaculet and very picturesque.
Our hotel room was right at the top in the old side of the hall - really comfy bed and nice bathroom. Breakfast was very nice indeed. Only a couple of minor points for the place - the hotel is so big it is really easy to get lost in! The prices atthe bar were extortionate - I know it was a wedding but £5 for a vodka and lemonade!

Room Tip: Rooms in the old part of the house have more history and better views across the landscape and garde...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank alk3ste
KimYardley, General Manager at Gisborough Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear alk3ste

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor after attending your friends wedding at Gisborough Hall.

I am so pleased that you found the Madoc Suite and Conservatory fabulous and a great venue to host a wedding reception. With the beautiful gardens overlooking the Cleveland Hills, we have a magnificent location.

I am also delighted that your bedroom was so comfortable. I have noted your other points.

We hope that both you and your partner will return in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was a really lovely hotel, although not cheap. The room we had was lovely, very big with high ceilings and nice furnishings. We paid for dinner in advance so got a special price and it was a really lovely meal. Wines were expensive, but overall it was a very enjoyable evening meal. Breakfast was lovely, and there were none of the delays I had read about (although I did overhear a conversation regarding long delays the day before). Lovely extras such as brandy and chocolate in the room as well as soft drinks, all included within the upgrade price.
We only had one night away but this hotel was very relaxing and helped us to really make the most of a short break. Receptionist Jonathan was particularly helpful in offering advice for places to visit on our journey home.

Room Tip: Pre-book your meal as part of the package as it works out cheaper.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah B

Dear Sarah B

I am absolutely delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us at Gisborough Hall. I am so pleased that you found the food and accommodation so pleasing.

I have passed on your comments to Johnathan, he is our restaurant manager and delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay.

We hope to see you again.

Kim Yardley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Guisborough
Raithwaite Estate
Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa
Hunley Hotel and Golf Club
Hunley Hotel and Golf Club
#3 of 4 in Saltburn-by-the-Sea

Been to Gisborough Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!