“customer service”

Dining options: Reservations
Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
“customer service”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I would not recommend this restaurant at all. We had booked a 50th birthday party on Saturday 29th of June. From the start of the evening we were rushed to order as another party where due, in 30 minutes. My main complaint was about the Waitress Amy, Her attitude was appalling. Everything was an effort for her and she did nothing but huff and puff all night, when she brought the food, it was thrown down in front of us.You had to catch it or you would of been wearing it. When I asked for the manager I was told none available but that one would call me back next day. Guess what no phone call. I had to call on the Monday and got no satisfaction at all. I was told they have never had any complaint before (lies) she also said Amy is not a jovial, smiley person!!!! Think she is in the wrong job. Only two things I hate and that's bad service and bad manners and we received both from this company and the management. Obviously booked for more than they could cope with. We will not be returning, unless under New Management.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Appalling service!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and a group of friends booked a table for here on sat 29h June to celebrate my father in laws 50th birthday. When we arrived we waited in the bar area for everyone to arrive. We had only been waiting for 5mins when a waitress came over and insisted that we go to our table in the restaurant and start looking through the menus as they had another party coming in!! My aunty was running late and when mentioned we got a roll of the eyes and dirty looks off the waitresses. On that note we decided to order starters so it would give her time to get there. We were asked to go up to the till and pay separate where my mother asked if she could have chips instead of new potatoes with her meal.....she was informed that this would not be possible as they would be a charge to do so and she wouldn't be able to have veg!!! When I ordered mine I asked for veg which I had to pay an extra 2pound for and on receiving the meal they forgot about it!!!! The meals began to come out and there was one particular waitress who may aswel as just shot the plates on the table! The meal portions were very disappointing compared to the meal we had there in February and the prices do not reflect this! The same waitress was very rude to my family and kept huffing and puffing when we tried to have a joke with her. We all felt very awkward and my poor father in law was disappointed with his 50th birthday experience. It is fair to say that we will not be giving our custom to this pub again and they need to sort their customer service out if they are to succeed!!!!!!

Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

this small country hotel/restaurant serves a fantastic sunday lunch carvery with beef, turkey or pork and all the trimmings for £8.50 with discounts for OAP and pensioners. Highly recommended with very friendly staff. Check it out.

1 Thank Ian J
England
“Going down the pan....”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Sorry to say but standards are on the way down....your carvery on a Sunday was great. Albeit, the meat can be mediocre or excellent, but the selection of vegetables are appalling. They are all cheap frozen veg that get boiled up and put out for our consumption. You have now resorted to the frozen roast potatoes. They are dreadful. What's the world coming to when you can't peel a few spuds. To keep your loyal customers you have to make an effort to keep them. The staff ensure you got 2 stars as they are great and an asset to your business. I for one will be looking for somewhere else for Sunday lunch in the future.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jenkine48
Middlesbrough
“OPEN FIRE DELIGHT”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

When we arrived we were shown to our table, the dinning room was very clean and full of memrobilia, We had ordered sirloin steak and when it came to the table it looked great with plenty of veg, It even tasted better than it looked.
We then had a home made apple pie and custard and was absolutley gorgeous.
The service was great and i would recommend this pub/restraunt to all.

• Visited February 2013