The Fox & Hounds
$100
The Spa Hotel(Saltburn-by-the-Sea)
$110
  • Beachfront
Hunley Hotel and Golf Club(Saltburn-by-the-Sea)
$87
$63
PremierInn.com
The Fox Inn(Guisborough)
TripAdvisor
F&H Hotel(Guisborough)
TripAdvisor
Priory Guest House(Guisborough)
All reviewswould stay againblack puddingmushroomsrearensuite
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed a few times whilst on business at Wilton; its not far from Saltburn which is a hint at where else to explore. I liked the rooms and I liked the breakfast; they can also do packed lunches. I was less impressed with the evening meals, but that have been due to being at the wrong side of a deluge from a coach party. It would be good for walking; it is on a disused railway line- should also be good for running but I fell over on two out of three of my attemps. This may have distorted my views a little; I would still go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Arrived at the hotel & found plenty of space to park our car, greeted at the cosy reception area by two helpful young girls & shown to our room (room12) Room was small but adequate for two nights with high ceilings & a large window facing the front, small TV, basic coffee /tea & toiletries provided. The bathroom had a large shower but no bath :-( & was spotless as was the bedroom, towels are provide but no large bath towels so I would reccomend taking your own. One thing that was annoying was the creaky foorboards in our room & corridor outside, loud enough to wake us up, allthough I appreciate the age of the building I have stayed in much older places with quieter boards! We were advised to book a table in the restraunt which was nice but lacking in ambience, a candle on every table would have been nice, (noticed a couple on other tables) The first night We had the carvery, I had a veggie one at £2 cheaper, food was lovely to say it had been out a while only roasties were dried up, 2nd night had the butternut squash curry & my husband Thai curry, both were lovely & tasty & nicely presented, I would definatly reccomend! The bar area is shabby with high seats and not very atmospheric with some sort of quiz machine blocking view from one area & too high chairs from the other, window seats are threadbare - not very nice. Breakfast is served in the conservatory, usual choice of cooked, cereals, fruit etc again very nicely cooked & presented - really couldn't fault the food at all! On a final note it was freezing outside but hotel remained warm throughout and all the staff were polite and helpful,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My other half, myself and my little dog stayed 2 nights on the Groupon deal in January 2013. The staff were all freindly and helpful. The hotel was a little dated but who cares. Its a little out of the town of Guisborough but perfect for walking in the forest. We had food from the restaurant on the first night and the value for money and the quality of the food was really really good. The breakfast was very good and the variety was excellent. We had a great time, yes the floorboards creaked and the walls are very thin but I have absolutley no complaints. Lovely little place!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We too stayed on a Groupon deal which was value for money. I'm glad that we didn't pay full whack as I would of felt very cheated if I had. We were greeted on arrival and welcomed and shown to our room. I have to agree with previous reviewers about the noise. The floorboards really are awful. It was most unnerving to wake in the middle of the night thinking someone was in the room when it was only our neighbour. Not only do the floorboards creak and groan but they also move through the adjoining rooms. When we walked into our room it struck us as being very hot and stuffy. The radiator was red hot and the thermostatic control didn't move. It stayed like that all night. So combined with the floorboards, the greenhouse effect of the room and the noisy plumbing from the neighbours a good nights sleep was not had. We reported the radiator the next morning and it did improve slightly, a red hot radiator on all night even in January is a bit excessive.
The food we had from the bar and restaurant was of good quality and again I agree with previous reviewers a bt pricey as are the bar prices- £21 for 2 baguettes and 2 pints!
Can't say that we would stay again, but the deal we had was good.
The staff are very friendly, the place is very clean if not a bit tired in places. A few changes to the rooms would pay big dividends in customer satisfaction

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed for the weekend on a Groupon deal with 2 large dogs, the hotel was spotless and the staff helpful and friendly although very busy. The food/bar was expensive but good. The hotel is a traditional country inn complete with creaky floorboards and narrow hallways and this was part of its charm, we didn't think it needed refurbishing it is lovely and full of character just the way it is. We had a pleasant stay in a spacious warm room and would definately go again.

Room Tip: We had room 7 which was handy for outside access with the dogs
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family