“perfect birthday dinner!”

Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Guisborough
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Italian Restaurant,Pizzeria and Cafe'
Reviewed January 26, 2014

was one of a group of friends celebrating a birthday last night. Perfect staff, delcious food, great atmosphere. Busy busy but in a good way - we were well attended by our friendly waiter and we all enjoyed a lovely evening. Especially recommend the starters ( order one of each to share!) and the risotto, pizzas and he lemon brulee is divine. Looking forward to my next visit!

2  Thank katyann138

Reviewed January 25, 2014

A good Italian meal was spoilt by the clatter and clamour of the diners echoing around the room. I don't expect the silence of the Sistine Chapel but I like to be able to converse with those at my table! It's one of the most popular eateries in town so perhaps I'm just getting old . . . <g>

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed January 24, 2014

After eating here for New Year's Eve and loving the lobster my mum really fancied trying it. I rang and asked Sergio if he could do it again as a special for my mum on dads birthday. He did. The chef did it Thermidor and it was amazing. Dad had Mediterranean salmon and I had paella frutti di mare. All of us loved what we chose. My parents plan to return soon having hated it under the previous owners. Just wonderful and a must visit.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Lovey, wam & relaxing with top notch grub. This is how I would some up the restaurant.

The service from the tall Italian waiter was excellent and we were made to feel right at home.

The food came quickly and was piping hot with plenty of it !

Average prices for what was a really, really good night.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We booked a table on Saturday afternoon for that evening.

Situated a short walk from the high street we arrived around 20:00. We were greeted by a member of the team and offered a choice of table in the half full restaurant which has quite an intimate atmosphere which blends a traditional Italian with a local feel demonstrated by the numerous pieces of artwork of saltburn pier, the transporter bridge and pictures of quaint little restaurants down side streets in 'the old country'.

Shortly after being seated a drinks order was taken, menus provided and some bread and butter served, although the bread wasn't warm.

Between the four of us we ordered potato skins with BBQ dip, which were served in ample proportions, and battered prawns, which actually came breadcrumbed. We all enjoyed them enough and they were decent value for money.

For main course we ordered a selection of venison, chicken and pasta dishes which on the whole, we enjoyed. Personally, I had a venison dish served in a mushroom sauce with pancetta accompanied by chips and salad which I found to be delicious.

We didn't order desert as we were all more than satisfied by the starters and main courses.

There was a decent selection of beers available including draught Peroni and many different bottles beers.

I would describe the staff as polite without being able to describe them as friendly.

It's worth mentioning that there is a lack of space at the rather small tables and the crockery/cutlery isn't the most stylish or of that high quality.

The total bill came to £83 which was decent value for money and I would probably return again.