“The sweetest place!”

Sergio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Guisborough
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Italian Restaurant,Pizzeria and Cafe'
Guisborough, England, United Kingdom
“The sweetest place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Heard about it, read about it and finally dined at Cafe Rosso. The sweetest intimate little Italian restaurant. The main man was friendly, courteous and funny which made us and everyone in the restaurant feel relaxed. The food was excellent, ordered too much so couldn't even try the puddings which was a shame as I was looking forward to the sticky figgi pudding, it'll be a definite for next time.....would recommend anyone to try it, a gorgeous little secret gem in Guisborough.

• Visited July 2013

Redcar, United Kingdom
“Food OK and service very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had a meal there as part of a group. Bread was brought to the table, but there was very little of it, one piece each about a cm thick and 5-6cm in diameter, what made it look even worse was that it was dwarfed by the size of the small basket it was in. One piece of butter from the wrapper covered the whole slice of bread without any spreading required.

For my starter I then had potato skins. The portion size here was better, and they were nice.

For my main course I had carbonara, this was OK, but a little dry. The portion size was OK. I was offered parmesan which I took. The waitress then sprinkled a small teaspoons worth on top and asked if that was enough. I had a knife and fork to eat the pasta and asked for a spoon which I never recieved.

I was disappointed during the meal by the lack of attention we were given, at no point did anyone ask whether our meals were OK, or if we required more drinks.

1 Thank Robert C
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We recently stayed in Guisborough and having read previous reviews decided to try Caffe Rosso. We liked it so much we visited twice! The service is friendly and efficient, a wide choice in the menu and the food was very good. I would recommend trying this restaurant - it has a relaxed atmosphere - a lovely place to spend the evening.

• Visited May 2013
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Magic Italian Trattoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a lovely little place. Reminds me of some back street place in Venice where the locals go. Warm, friendly and relaxed service with tasty Italian cuisine. Nice to get a bread basket as soon as we sat down with some proper butter and not that cheap stuff most use. Will definately come here again...

Cleveland
“Charming and Intimate - Reminiscent of Fantastic Times in Sardinia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Having been recommended by a friend some time ago I chose the occasion of a friends birthday to try this quaint little restaurant, tucked away in one of Guisboroughs side streets. However don't let the side street thing put you off as there is ample parking on the High Street only 20 metres away. (Shoppers had gone home well before our arrival at 7pm).

As you walk through the doorway from the passageway you could be forgiven for thinking that you were entering someones front room, or perhaps the reception of a small guest house but any resemblance to either finishes right there. Our party of four were promptly greeted by the attentive waiting staff and we were ushered to a choice of tables. No sooner had we sat down when our charming waiter had brought out the basket of bread and butter. No sooner had it arrived before it had been devoured by four hungry customers. The timing of the waiting staff to return to take our orders could not have been better, we were neither kept waiting or pounced upon the moment we sat down.

The standard of food is amazing, as a group we seemed to order a little bit of everything, with starters ranging from a very tasty and respectable Pate della Casa with a side salad and Caramelized Red Onion Chutney, to a good portion of Garlic Mushrooms in a Cream Sauce and a Garlic Chicken and Mushroom starter. Regrettably there is no draught bitter or lager so we had to make do with some Peroni (Nastro Azzuro), once again a drink which takes me back to better times residing in Sardinia and drinking in the Piazza in Alghero. When we asked for a few more slices of toasted bread to finish off the Pate they arrived piping hot and within minutes, delivered with efficiency and grace. The main meals varied from Pollo con Gamberoni e Arogosto to Filleto al Pepe Verde and Strips of Fillet Steak in a tomato and Paprika creme sauce on a bed of linguine Needless to say we were not disappointed. Our rather short and brief experience of this wonderful little restaurant left us in no doubt what so ever that we will return and it probably wont be that long before we do.

My only negative issue about the experience was the table size as we found the tables a little on the small size to fit four adults around with plates, side plates and drinks. However, that is verging on being pedantic. Would I go again? Definitely. Would I recommend Cafe Rosso to a friend? Most certainly. The restaurant was busy throughout the evening with guests coming and going all the time. No wonder this is ranked No 3 of all the restaurants in Guisborough.

If you are in the area, stopping at Gisborough Hall or anywhere close by, give them a try but phone your booking through to avoid disappointment. Buon Appetito.

Mille Grazie tutti.