“A very Clean Relaxed home from home feel”
Review of The Fox Inn

The Fox Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Guisborough B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A very Clean Relaxed home from home feel”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here whilst working away (i work away alot) it is not the biggest room ive had but very clean and relaxing. The bar and food was enjoyable lots of home cooked stuff. the staff were very friendly and welcoming. a real classic home from home inn

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was our third visit for Sunday lunch within the last 6/7 weeks. We returned because we found the meal tasty, plentiful,with fresh vegetables and reasonably priced. I particularly like a carvery because I can have good portions of vegetables. But I won't be going back after yesterday's performance. A good meal absolutely ruined by the ambiance The chap who was in charge conducted business with a noisy group in loud voices.[ surely this should have been done in private] Then he proceeded to throw empty bottles into a tub behind the bar making a hell of a din. But then we had to endure extremely loud music blaring out. We left and so did the other couple on the next table..A desert was out of the question. I won't be going back..The barmaid was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary G
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst walking part of the Cleveland Way. The rooms were fresh and pleasant to sleep in. I didn't have an evening meal here but the breakfast was fine, I particularly liked the pre orderin concept on arrival, which I realise wouldn't suit everyone, but for those like me who are set in their ways and have the same thing for breakfast each day and are able to state the time they want it then it works a treat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Fox Inn on a Groupon deal and it was good value for money, 2 nights B&B for two what more could you ask for for £59, and the breakfast was excellent and so were the staff, yes it was noisy on a night time but you could always go downstairs and join in with the karaoke, our shower wasn't working properly but the staff were very obliging and we used the one in another room, the place is in an excellent location as well a few restaurants around and the Main Street around the corner, all in all we had a very enjoyable weekend

• Stayed March 2013
newcastle
Reviewed March 17, 2013

For the price we paid there can be no complaints. As the other positive review suggest the staff are very friendly and polite. We could bot rave over the food as it was basic pub grub and maybe are tastes are a little bit more refined than the Teeside culinary classic of breaded chicken with bechamel sauce, hmmmm.
We were told the the best place to go for a drink was The Anchor pub as it was/is very cheep Samuel Smiths drinks. Go it the locals are friendly.
As for The Fox, yes for the price we paid £45 for two x2 including breakfast both days it was value for money but not for the rack rate advertised. Guisbourgh is a lovely place for pubs, charity shops and friendly locals but not for good food, shopping or cultural excursions. Lets hope the high street doesn't close completely.

Room Tip: Get an en suite room or you will have to share a toilet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

we stayed at the fox inn a couple years ago, yes was bit noisy but great staff and excellent value for money, the food was fantastic full english was amazing, only thing that put me off staying again is the ghost of a girl that freaked me out a bit, but i guess its an old pub so to be expected.
but i guess id defo stay again as it was worth it and we had a great time

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay the staff were friendly and helpful. Nothing was to much for them,the food was excellent. I was informed when I booked about the late disco and reminded again upon arrival. I would happily stay again. Tracey, Stuart and all the staff are without doubt the most welcoming group I have encountered in a long time. In fact anyone thinking about a short break I highly recommend the fox 5 stars

• Stayed December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guisborough
Gisborough Hall Hotel
#2 of 5 in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Brockley Hall Hotel
Brockley Hall Hotel
#1 of 5 in Saltburn-by-the-Sea

Been to The Fox Inn? Share your experiences!