“Went the extra mile”

Ranked #4 of 5 Guisborough B&B and Inns
pinder
“Went the extra mile”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

It was our first stay here and we had heard it was under new management. Booking was very friendly and efficient and we were given a lovely room. It was a family room and more than adequate for my friend and myself.
The hotel and its staff were really friendly, we loved the bar and were aware of the disco which we missed unfortunately. All was quiet and peaceful on our arrival back to our room (though to be honest we wouldnt have minded a boogie if it was stil on lol)
The following day the staff were great with our breakfast having it all ready when we were, this is where they excelled and the food was gorgeous.
Our experience of this hotel was great and we will certainly be back, thankyou so much

Room Tip: We liked the familt room even though there was only two of us
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank carolePinder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Tracey & the tram are very friendly, always a smile, food is hot & tasty, room clean, I think the fox has recently changed hands, looking at other reviews I was worried, but all was fine, I would stay again, good value & warm

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Brettbooth
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We arrived and had to wait 10 minutes in the bar during a disco before we were shown to our room. A very basic room, towel rail fell off once towel was placed on it. There was a disco downstairs which continued until 2am each morning with the vibrations of the bass felt through the floorboards and a noise level that compared to loud speakers in the bedroom. An adequate breakfast but nothing special. Friendly staff but this did not make up for the other inadequaces. Not recommended for a weekend stay.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Fraggle12

Travelers are raving about these Guisborough hotels

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Arrived to check in with only one girl available to serve at the bar and deal with guests. The room was shabby and there was mould in the shower. On both nights there was a disco downstairs that went on until after midnight. We would not have heard a nuclear explosion 50 metres away . Every moronic thud of the disco could be felt as we were elevated with each bass beat. On the morning of departure the duvet cover opened; my dog would not have slept on that duvet. It was filthy. The breakfast was edible if the plastic sausages were avoided. The staff themselves were very friendly. NEVER AGAIN EVEN IF FREE.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HinInverness
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2011

From the moment i arrived to the moment i left i wish i had booked longer than two nights,all the staff were excellent,especially Chrissy and her fella,great company.kitchen staff were brilliant.Nice room, comfortable bed,in fact everything you would wish for.thankyou so much.Bill Moffat

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Billmo98
Calgary
Reviewed April 4, 2010

This was my first trip to the UK and Guisborough, the Fox Inn is located just off the high street and is a wonderful B&B stay, the staff and owners are warm and charming. This was the beginning of a RTW trip I did, so I was back packing, when I asked the owner where to find a laundry mat, (sorry I have forgotten her name), she told me if I could wait a bit they would let me use their W & D, very personable service, you feel like you are staying with your favorite relatives. The food at the pub is good at a reasonable cost, but do make sure you try the Indian restaurant up the street and Peter and Collins Chinese around the corner. Loved the High street market on the weekend, great to experience the sites and sounds. When I return to Guisborough the Fox is were I'll stay. The Fox Inn is bloody champion!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank FunSunSun
Surrey
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Rooms were clean, staff friendly and all meals were of a very high standard.

I was welcomed by friendly staff and nothing was too much trouble.

A good value hotel which was just what I was looking for - when in North East on again I will be going back to The Fox.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank hotelvisitorSurrey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guisborough
Gisborough Hall Hotel
Brockley Hall Hotel
Brockley Hall Hotel
#1 of 5 in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Premier Inn Middlesbrough Central South Hotel

Been to The Fox Inn? Share your experiences!