“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Just got in from Sunday lunch with my husband. First visit for food. Staff were very very friendly, had time to chat to everyone who was in. Choices for Sunday lunch were beef, lamb or pork with roasties, mash, Yorkshire pudding and 3 veg all of which was cooked beautifully and served with gravy and appropriate sauces. We were not aware that in the price was also complimentary dessert all of which are home cooked and included crumbles (2 types), creme brulee, cheesecake, banana tacitto, ice cream and banana loaf, there may have been more that I can't remember. My husband had Apple and peach crumble with custard and I had banana tacitto which was served with warm chocolate sauce and caramel drizzle. They were both lovely but the wow goes to the tacitto which was soooo good as the banana was wrapped and fried which made the banana lovely and soft and the pastry crispy, a must try. We had 3 drinks between us and the bill was only £25 which in my opinion is very good value for money. Portions are very generous too. Thanks we will be back and would highly recommend. I've added pictures of our meals also for anyone interested.

4  Thank lindsaytaylor

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We booked a table for my partners birthday, there were 9 of us in total (with a few being 'fussy eaters'). Every person really enjoyed their meal, with two even saying the steak and ale pie is the best they’ve ever had.
The staff and service were also excellent - there was a quiz on that night, and we'd mentioned that we would have liked to stay but unfortunately couldn’t - the staff brought us a copy of the picture round to do at our table which was good fun too.
We luckily only live ten minutes away - I can see this pub quickly becoming out 'go to' place for food

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Popped to this place for Sunday lunch after a friend recommended it.

What can I say apart from small, quaint, traditional pub.

We had lamb Sunday lunch and cheesecake for dessert.

Food was cooked to perfection and the dessert was amazing. Portions are plentiful and in future I will be leaving a larger gap for dessert!!

All in all a good experience and it's really nice to find somewhere who cooks and bakes all there own food.

Great place which we will return to.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend took me here for my birthday. Never been before. Old farmhouse style. Very nice and authentic. Food was amazing a fresh. Burger was huge and the starter was fried black pudding. Delicious. Pints are real ale style and really hit the spot. The staff seemed to be a couple, landlord and landlady I assume. Couldn't have made us feel more welcome. Even came out with a candle in my sticky toffee pudding and got everyone to sing happy birthday when he knew why we were there. Can't recommend enough ! :)

2  Thank TeessideFoodie
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

A lovely local - some good beers and nice people. Dropped in with a mate - he goes out if his way to go there. My second or third visit. Recommended!

1  Thank Gannatus