“Coffee and panini”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The little coffee shop is so quaint and staff very attentive. Love how you can sit at the window and people watch

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Just popped in for a coffee after lunch. The Mocking Bird was very busy as they only have a few tables which all adds to the atmosphere. The walls are decorated with paintings by locals and interesting bits and bobs . They sell olive oil, pasta etc which is nicely displayed and very tempting. The staff were really nice and helpful, the menu looked good with lots of interesting Mediterranean style dishes and cakes. Our coffee came promptly and was very nice. My friend has booked a table to return in a few days to the live music event and I shall return when time allows. This is a charming vibrant little deli well worth a visit. ( have given 4/5 as I didn't eat any food on this visit)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Mockingbird Deli is a small café on Yarm High Street open daily for light meals, but every so often (monthly? fortnightly?) they open on a Saturday evening with live music to go with the food. On our visit we were offered tapas, then a choice of either cold meat platter, cheese platter, or a mixed platter, and choice of desserts to follow. All delicious. The excellent music was provided by a young man who sang a wide range of songs - everything from Sinatra to White Stripes. Essential to book as there are only about 20 places. Very friendly service and well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were lucky to get the last table that was in this pretty little place on a busy Saturday lunch time. I walked past with my mum and we decided to get a spot of lunch. I had the Moroccan chicken soup and my mum and the hummus and red pepper wrap and both were delicious. I also saw a lot of people get the meat and cheese platters which looked wonderful. Will be trying those when I visit again with my fiancé! Reasonably priced too. I would go to Yarn just to visit this place again.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Have been here twice, once with my boyfriend and once with my mum. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is great. The decor is lovely too! Perfect place for a tea or coffee and a bite to eat. I could have sat in there all day!