“Very enjoyable”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Felt I had to do a review as thoroughly enjoyed my evening at Lucia's. My husband and I went here on our own we found the staff lovely and very attentive we were served drinks at the bar while we waited for our table. The restaurant was very busy and we were told our table would be a few minutes and it was only a few minutes. We asked if we could order moules marinere off the happy hour menu even though it was no longer happy hour and they were happy to do it for us. My husbands steak was cooked just how he likes it and I ordered something that was recommended by the owner - pasta with salmon, king prawns and mussels in a sauce and I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. We have eaten in other restaurants in Yarm and I can definitely say this is my favourite I like the atmosphere here along with the excellent food,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had a meal with few friends, all good but nothing spectacular. Pizzas average, food generally not cheap for what you get in comparison to other italian restaurants in the area. Would not rush back ...

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Visited, having booked, on what turned out to be a very quiet Easter Saturday lunchtime.
If you have 'Italian' in your title I would expect at least one Italian pud on the dessert menu.
Food was ok although no excuse for tinned fruit in knickerbocker glory.
Won't be rushing back

Reviewed April 14, 2013

After reading the reviews on here I was looking forward to visiting but had a very disappointing visit! We booked our table for 8 and didn't get seated till 20 past! We ordered our food which came quite quickly. I ordered the butternut squash and goats cheese risotto.. the risotto wasn't very warm and the goats cheese on top was cold and not spiced as it said on the menu! When i told the waitress that it wasn't warm she said ' a few people have said the same they will get it right in the end' which isn't really good enough! My boyfriend got the calzone which was nice as were the chunky chips!..At the end of the night we were then given the wrong bill and then when we got the right one there was a bottle of wine added on! Such a shame as the majority of reviews on here are good!

1  Thank princessxcx
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went to the restaurant for the first time for an early tea on Wednesday 10th and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Overall the place was very clean and inviting and we were immediately greeted by a polite barman who was quick to show us to a table and get us some drinks. We ate off the 'happy hour' menu and I was pleased with the choices as a lot of the other early evening deals in Yarm have a very limited menu. Ordered 2 courses both of which were generously portioned and delicious, infact the Calzone was one of the best I have ever eaten-compliments to the very talented chef!! The only thing that dampened our evening was the 2 female waiting staff. Both seemed stressed and flustered, despite it not being too busy. We were not offered more drinks, despite finishing our wine mid-way through our main courses and the waitresses seemed to avoid our table. It was such a shame that these 2 members of staff were so unhelpful because otherwise the evening would have been perfect. Better staff training for the waitresses and I would happily return regularly.