“Should be the flagship of Yarm but ........it's not!!”
Review of The Blue Belli

The Blue Belli
Ranked #35 of 52 Restaurants in Yarm
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Teesside
“Should be the flagship of Yarm but ........it's not!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

It saddens me that a pub overlooking the river in a gorgeous location should be as bad as it is. The outside should really warn you not to go in. Hanging baskets are all dead - and overdue for external redecoration. Looks awful. Then when you go in, staff can hardly look at you - let alone welcome you an ask "how can I help"!
Chipped crockery, sticky tables, and filthy toilets. And the food is second rate!

Yarm boasts the best high street in the UK and whilst technically the Bluebell may be classed as Eaglescliffe, it sits higher than the High Street and is the worst advert to take you further. I don't know who owns the pub but I think they're missing an opportunity - it should and could be the best place in the village - but it's not!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank NinaGinaTeesside

Darlington, United Kingdom
“Two4's”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Being a frequent visitor to Yarm, I decided to visit The Blue Bell pub for some grub.

It's just outside the town but can get very busy. The staff are very nice and the food was lovely. So far I've had their burgers, chicken salsa, fajitas and their parmos and not once have I been unsatisfied. I actually really love their chips! Thick cut and really tasty.
Not sure what the other review was on about with regards to mayonnaise...??? There's plenty available and I've never been charged extra for extra sauce...
There's plenty of tables inside and loads more outside over looking the river.

The 2 for 1 offer is really good, such a big selection to choose from. I will be going again. The food their is just as nice [if not better] than some of the restaurants in the town itself.

• Visited September 2012
eaglescliffe
“Great quality food for the whole family!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Whatever time of day and whatever day you go on through-out the week this pub is busy and very popular for food so the food must not be that bad!! Been here a few times, the quality of the food is great for the price you pay. Every time I have been everyone has enjoyed there food within the party that I had been in... some of my favourites are the wexford steak which is seen on the specials board, the fajitas and the salad are beautiful with a great variety of salad and home -made colesaw which is a great rarity in a 2 for 1 place where normally some lettuce leaves tomatoes and some cut up cucumber is your lot! Overall great service with the staff being friendly, wide variety of food and the quality being good value.

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food was average, but the terrible service left a bad taste in my mouth. Definately wont be going back!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

A group of us decided to take advantage of the 2 for 1 deal. I ordered a steak and my friend ordered a parmosan. When the order came they brought a small parmosan. When we pointed out that we hadn't ordered the child size meal, the male waiter began to argue with us, saying that we had ordered a small meal. He whipped the plate away, returning with the same plate shortly later saying, you will have to wait 20 mins if you want it changing. Then my friend asked if she could have the mayo that she had ordered. She was then told she would have to pay an additional 50p for this. If i hadn't already paid upfront i definately would not have paid the full amount! The staff at this pub need to sort their attitudes right out!

1 Thank Bro3ney
Stockton On Tees
“2 for1 on poor quality food”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

2 for1 on poor quality food described as home made burgers frozen cheap ones and the pub itself is so dirty. The toilets are disgusting poor decorative order is not good but filth on top is inexcusable . I won't be going back. Oh also when they bring your food out its done with them carrying plates with dirty tea towels touching your food yack!

1 Thank DebbieStocktonOnTees