“Tasty, but poor service”
Review of Raj Bari

Raj Bari
Ranked #35 of 55 Restaurants in Yarm
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

After arriving in Yarm on a Saturday night our Tapas Restaurant was closed, so walking along the street we found the Raj Bali. Got a seat no bother, ordered drinks, i asked for cider got no sweet so said dry would be fine with a little blackcurrant in it, waitress asked if i wanted a pint or half i said pint, my partner asked for a pint of cobra, and that is what he got, I unfortunatley got a long glass of almost red cider, straight away i said i asked for a pint, "sorry i will get it changed" she came back with the same glass and said" sorry we don't have it in pint as it is from a bottle i will bring u another when this is finished" now thinking back i should of said well it still isn't a pint, can u get a pint glass and the other bottle. my downfall at this as i went dry for the rest of the meal, another drink did not turn up, and i am sure that the bill included a pint. Next was when we had finished our meal the girl walking aorund was sheepish to ask if we were down so i said yes yes u can take it away as we are finished. she started to take the plates dropping the cutlery on the floor, nearly dropping the plate on my partners lap. she took the plates, but left the serving dishes.not asked if we wanted anything else. Then we seen the waiter, asking another table to pay our bill We said we think that is our bill then he left again, came back and took the dishes as he did we said again If that bill is our we will take it now. So quite frankly I don't think I will be eating there again. I'm not a snob ,far from it actually, but I thought this was unacceptable.

1  Thank canny_nic

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We visited the Raj Bari on a Friday evening relatively early on. It was relatively quiet and the service was speedy and attentive. There is a wide range of dishes to choose from and if you like your Indian food you will enjoy this place. The food was fine though did not pull up any trees though it provided good value at £40 for three of us with drinks (a couple of beers and a ottle of decent wine.) Now I know what to expect I would go again if I wanted a relatively inexpensive meal out in Yarm.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went here for NYE meal with friends. We booked table but there was some confusion when we arrived and there didn't appear to be a table waiting for us. However, we were seated eventually.

We had a drink order taken and popadoms/dips delivered quickly. However, we still had not been given our drinks by the time we were almost finished the popadoms/dips, despite asking 3 times for them.

Starters arrived and were very nice-a chicken kebab and a minced chicken pancake (can't remember the proper Indian names of the dishes!). However, the popadom and dips plates were not removed.

Mains then arrived and the starter plates and popadom/dips plates had to be removed before the mains plates could be settled down. We had tandoori chicken masala, tandoori king prawn masala, chicken dansak and ginger jal chicken tikka massala, with rice, chips and naans. All were brilliant. Probably the nicest food we have had at Raj Bari.

Overall then, great food but slow inattentive service-forgivable only as it was a busy NYE.

1  Thank JamesLaura17
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

New years eve, I ordered a take away and was told half an hour so I went 35 minutes later to collect, it took 5 minutes of stood at the bar to be noticed, although the staff were not slacking and were very busy it took another 10-15 minutes to get my food, and although the food was good I ordered house special jal frezi, which only had chicken in??? Think id been had on that one. Please take this as constructive criticism, your generally very good but on what was always going to be a busy night you should have had more staff on, and what was is a house special jal frezi meant to have in it as the menu doesn't say but as far as I'm concerned I just got a chicken one.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Caters for the masses and is overly priced.

The food is largely bland and as a local(ish) I would recommend either of the other two Indians in Yarm over this one

2  Thank JD S