“Poor service as others have said”
Review of Raj Bari

Raj Bari
Ranked #35 of 51 Restaurants in Yarm
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Yarm, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service as others have said”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Ordered a take out as been a local resident and been using them for years now. Started off fine with a very helpful phone call and being able to fulfil what I required with a friendly voice. Arrived to collect by what I can only describe as the owners son trying to run the family business and being very disappointed with his attitude. Tried to charge more than the agreed price, then started to bicker with the other staff in front of me, which was unfortunate as she was very helpful and the best he could do was try to put her down in front of me. When asked what drinks I required she was then berated once again that I was only allowed a certain brand. Very poor service and unhelpful ness, followed by a no please or thank you for my business as I left. If this is the best Teesside has to offer as per recent finalist for best Indian cuisine then the competition have nothing to worry about. On previous occasions of sitting in restaurant the staff have also been clowning about in the background thinking they are out of view of the customers. Wouldn't recommend them at all and I have better things to do then write reviews as this is my first on here but felt the need as the owners are that ignorant to what makes a successful business!!! Don't waste your money here, ironically though they also own Bangalore further down which is a very friendly welcoming place who are always happy to see you every time you visit!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Papa_alpha2013

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Will not be returning”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My partner and I visited this restaurant with another couple on a Sunday evening. When we entered the restaurant we noticed there was a buffet going on but we were told we could order from the usual menu if we wanted to. We opted to do this as we weren't in the mood to queue up for plates of food.
We were shown to a table and straight away we all commented on how cramped it was. We waited a while to be asked which drinks we would like and eventually they turned up. The menu is extensive and it seems there is something for everyone. We ordered some papadums to start and these arrived with 5 different dips. We all enjoyed these and then we each ordered a curry, rice and naan bread. The food arrived very warm which was great but once again we all agreed that whilst the curries were nice, we had enjoyed much better elsewhere. My friends enjoyed their naan breads, but I had a garlic one and I struggled to cut through it as it was so tough.
When we were paying the bill at the bar my friend was annoyed as he wasn't thanked for his custom and asked if he had enjoyed his meal. Overall we were not impressed by the service here and will not return due to this and the fact we have enjoyed much better Indian food elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pip-F1
“Rubbish”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

No atmosphere - waited forever to get ordered
Staff shouting at each other over diners
Food mediocre
Paid in cash then waited for change. When none arrived we queried- they were unsure who took our money and then tried to charge us again when staff member who took our money left restaurant

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Purple_and_Me
“No atmospher and food bland!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

After a poor experience at this restaurant in the past we thought we would give it another go especially since it had a banner outside saying it had won an award! The place is dull and uninviting and needs a revamp- tables very small and cramped! Food was bland and even the dish that said medium to hot was bland! House wine was terrible! Won't be trying this place again!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pigginhungry
London, Canada
“Great food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Opened late which for the UK is amazing. Staff was friendly and excellent food. Priced right for great value.

Visited June 2013