“An excellent business stay”
Review of Field View B&B

Field View B&B
Ranked #3 of 5 Yarm B&B and Inns
St Helens, United Kingdom
“An excellent business stay”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed here in November 2013 whilst on a course in Billingham. Access to the A19 was easy and non congested. Field View serve up a super breakfast in a clean spacious dining room. I commuted into Yarm town centre via taxi which cost approx £4. All drivers knew where it was. Room 4 was recently decorated and was both spotless and roasty-toasty warm. Shower was both hot and powerful. No faults found.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4 en-suite. I'm guessing some rooms are not en-suite because there are a few ba...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
fieldviewbandb, Owner at Field View B&B, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We spent a night in Yarm and found the B&B to be a perfect option within our budget and close to where we wanted to be. Clean rooms, cosy surroundings, good breakfast and extra friendly staff. The room provided a good nights sleep with a clean bathroom and towels. There was even a kettle so we could make our own tea/coffee. We went to Yarm for two days to look for a flat as we will be moving to the area soon and the staff was very friendly with giving us tips and useful information about Teesside. The location of the B&B is perfect with a country scenery and with a close distance to the beautiful Yarm high street. You could walk to the high street within 15-20mins or just take a 5min drive. All in all it was the perfect B&B experience and would recommend to anyone who is in the area for either business or leisure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
fieldviewbandb, Owner at Field View B&B, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Many thanks for your lovely review. Hope you had success with the flat hunting and enjoy living in the area.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

When a fully-paid guest arrives at a semi-rural location in freezing temperatures asking for the room key, being told to clear-off and slamming the door in the face is disgraceful especially with bags or transport in the middle of a winter night.
Would have taken 30seconds to hand me my room key. I was not abusive or aggressive yet the attitude of the owner was horrendous.
His excuse being I woke the baby. In return I'll just freeze to death in a field covered in ice overnight while you keep my money!
This is a 20 room b&b not a spare room. Occasionally someone will reserve using an iPhone via a 3rd party website and arrive at 3am being completely unaware you close at 9pm!
I have travelled the world extensively and never have I experienced this level of ignorance.

Room Tip: Only place in town with a rooms available speaks volumes!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TimMc477
Arriving at a guest house at 3am, intoxicated is not acceptable. After waking my family and I you were not greeted with my usual level of friendliness. Our last check-in time is 9pm. I suggest you use hotels in future if you require a 24 hour reception.
Rossendale, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here on Friday and Saturday night with my husband, and we could not fault the friendliness of Steve and Vicky. We were in room 4 which was newly decorated and very clean and comfortable. On Saturday evening we were going in to Yarm with some family members and Steve ran us in so we didn't have to get a taxi. Breakfast on both mornings was excellent.
Everyone we spoke to here was very friendly and chatty and could not do enough. Please read the good reviews for this B&B and ignore the bad ones as they are just not fair. We stayed here one time before when Steve and Vicky had just moved in, we will definitely stay here again a lot sooner.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
fieldviewbandb, Owner at Field View B&B, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
It was lovely to have you both stay again after such a long time. We are really pleased you enjoyed the weekend and look forward to seeing you again.
north yorkshire
Reviewed November 10, 2013

After reading some of the reviews we were slightly worried however dont believe a word !!! On arrival we were greeted by such a lovely and welcoming couple Vicky and Steve....We were shown to our room which was perfect everything you could want . Decor was very modern , plenty of room and everything was clean to a high standard.
Breakfast was a must !!! Yarm is a great place and Vicky and Steve were more than helpful to give information to check out Yarms highlights !
All in all an excellent stay . A fantastic bed and breakfast and great owners ! WILL DEFINATLEY BE RETURNING VERY SOON !!! THANKS FOR SUCH A PLEASANT STAY !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Terrific to hear you had such a great time and enjoyed the highlights of Yarm. Look forward to seeing you again very soon.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a very nice stay in room 11 while we attended a wedding reception down the road. The room was in good condition and we both slept very well in the comfortable bed.

The owners were very friendly and even drove me to the local shop to get supplies. Breakfast in the morning was also really good. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We will hopefully see you again sometime.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Having read through most of the reviews regarding this hotel I have to say that I couldn't really see any negatives at all & disagreed with the majority of the comments.
It is what it is "A B+B !!!".Perhaps people expect too much when they book ??.My 2 requisites from any place are cleanliness & friendly hosts .Thankfully Field View have both .
This week I had already stayed in the 'Crowne Plaza" at Manchester Airport and "The indigo" in Liverpool which were both great but very corporate .I was meeting friends in Yarm for a night out and just wanted a relatively cheap B+B.Perhaps it is a little rough around some edges(try sneaking up the stairs at 2am without making the stairs creak !!) but that all adds to the charm of the place .
Due to my late night I did not make breakfast but owner Steve organised a bacon & egg 'sarnie' for me in my room and let me check out later as I was a little worse for wear.
So for £45 B+B I thought it was excellent value !! and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my friends & family.

Room Tip: Room 4 was newly refurbished and was very comfortable.If you have a lie in with a hang-over it can b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
fieldviewbandb, Owner at Field View B&B, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks so much for you kind comments. Hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarm
Judges Country House Hotel
Crathorne Hall Hotel
Crathorne Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crathorne
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees West Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees Wes...
#4 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees
Premier Inn Middlesbrough Central South Hotel

Been to Field View B&B? Share your experiences!