“Fantastic place, top notch facilities for a great price!”
Review of Field View B&B

Field View B&B
Ranked #3 of 5 Yarm B&B and Inns
Leeds, UK
“Fantastic place, top notch facilities for a great price!”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed in this B&B after a wedding last Friday night. The owners are absolutely lovely, and the accomodation is too. We were put in the new rooms separate from the main building. The decor and layout of the room was fantastic and the ensuite bathroom was lovely. A large shower ensured I woke up refreshed the next day.

We got up for breakfast and were greeted by the owner with a smile and he couldn't help enough. We had a choice of cereals, fruit juices etc and then as much tea/coffee as you could drink and a lovely full English fry-up. I would highly recommend this B&B to people - it's fantastic value for money and the owners are lovely and extremely helpful. It's a family-run business and I hope it continues to be as successful as it was when we stayed there. Top notch!!!

Room Tip: The new rooms built separately are lovely and there's also an apartment that looks lovely!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend whilst visiting family & friends. Lovely clean room and great hosts. Will recommend to friends and colleague's. Many thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed February 2012
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I booked a room for one night at the Field View based on a very simple requirement: I was travelling to Yarm by train, arriving quite late, and needed accommodation that was within easy distance from the station and that I could use a base for a meeting in Yarm the next day. Normally, when travelling on business I tend to stay in large chain hotels, but this was a different case, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Immediately on arrival I was advised that I had mistakenly booked double occupancy and that I was due a reduced rate. Admirable honesty and great customer service!

The room was all I needed - a wardrobe, a comfortable bed, a TV, warm, quiet, and with a really huge ensuite bathroom. Everything was commendably clean; the bathroom in particular.

After a very pleasant night's sleep I was delighted by the breakfast. The other guests were obviously enjoying their full english breakfasts. However, as a vegetarian that fancied something hot rather than the three choices of cereal available, I took a punt at scrambled eggs on toast with beans (which I don't think was on the menu); this was quickly served up and was absolutely great with fantastic coffee.

At checkout, the price reduction was honoured and the fee for debit card payment, (which other reviewers have noted), was explained and made perfect sense - after all, it was about the same cost as a Sunday newspaper!

The owner and staff then really took out time to help me out with directions to my meeting and were exceptionally professional in looking after the luggage that would have been difficult to have taken with me.

I'm struggling to come up with constructive criticism, but at this price and level of service, all I can think of is that the water pressure goes in the en-suite shower when the next-door shower is operated... but for this price, warm welcome, and quality, that's not really a problem!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Leeds
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I was visiting Yarm on a night out with some friends and needed somewhere for an over-nighter. Field View was recommended by a friend who lives locally.
The B&B is just a short taxi ride from the centre of Yarm - cost around £3.50 going, and £5.50 for the return (at 01:30!).
The owners of the B&B were very friendly, ensuring I was aware of front-door codes and showing me to my room etc.
While the room was small and I shared a bathroom, this was expected for the price of £29 for the night (inc. breakfast). The room itself was clean, the bed comfortable and tea/coffee making facilities (including the tea and coffee) were provided.
Breakfast was, for the price, great! There was a choice of cereals and fruit juices to start, followed by a full English, toast and coffee.
I'll be having more nights out in Yarm, and for now, the Field View will be my B&B of choice!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Birmingham
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stayed here for one night during a wedding in August. As there were four of us, we stayed in the apartment which was over the road. The hosts were friendly and helpful - particularly as when we checked in we had our wedding outfits on and we were in the midst of a thunderstorm! The host took us to our apartment with a big umbrella and let us borrow it for the remainder of our stay.

The apartment was large, spacious and clean. There were two big double rooms with a bathroom shared between them.

The breakfast was large, and the host was very accommodating when advised that one of the guests didn't eat pork, and provided extra eggs instead.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Me and my other half stayed here for one night only, but even in that short time we could tell how helpful and friendly the owners were, The rooms were clean and very well decorated, we had a small problem with the radiator not heating correctly but it was soon sorted out.

The breakfast was lovely and we could have easily stayed for longer but sadly it was only a flying visit but we will return

I would go as far as saying this is the best B&B we have stayed in!!

Room Tip: We had room eight which was a downstairs, double room with a four poster bed
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2011

A really wonderful find in the North Yorkshire countryside. Field View Bed and breakfast is a first class , exceptional value for money establishment. It is family run by a most profesional,hard working professional couple. Inexpensive in today,s financial climate.
The B and B is in a very pleasant rural location adjacent to a railway station that is only 40 minutes away from York,. The very popular tourist attraction in England. A few minutes away by car is Yarm a very attractive area with designer shopping if desired, very good restaurants and was voted th most desirable place to visit a couple of years ago and this was televised. There are many parks in the area and it is excellent for children, as is the B and B, the family having small children themselves. The breakfast is also very good.
I am a regular visitor having family in the area and i would not stay anywhere else. They have many rooms , well decorated and maintained, it, is clean and the staff are great. Try it you will not be disapointed.. .

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarm
Judges Country House Hotel
Judges Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kirklevington
Best Western Parkmore Hotel
Best Western Parkmore Hotel
#6 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees West Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees Wes...
#4 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees
Claireville Hotel
Claireville Hotel
#7 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees
Crathorne Hall Hotel
Crathorne Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crathorne
Chapters Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Field View B&B? Share your experiences!