“Lovely place with friendly hosts”
Review of Field View B&B

Field View B&B
Ranked #3 of 5 Yarm B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Me and my other half stayed here for one night only, but even in that short time we could tell how helpful and friendly the owners were, The rooms were clean and very well decorated, we had a small problem with the radiator not heating correctly but it was soon sorted out.

The breakfast was lovely and we could have easily stayed for longer but sadly it was only a flying visit but we will return

I would go as far as saying this is the best B&B we have stayed in!!

Room Tip: We had room eight which was a downstairs, double room with a four poster bed
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 6, 2011

A really wonderful find in the North Yorkshire countryside. Field View Bed and breakfast is a first class , exceptional value for money establishment. It is family run by a most profesional,hard working professional couple. Inexpensive in today,s financial climate.
The B and B is in a very pleasant rural location adjacent to a railway station that is only 40 minutes away from York,. The very popular tourist attraction in England. A few minutes away by car is Yarm a very attractive area with designer shopping if desired, very good restaurants and was voted th most desirable place to visit a couple of years ago and this was televised. There are many parks in the area and it is excellent for children, as is the B and B, the family having small children themselves. The breakfast is also very good.
I am a regular visitor having family in the area and i would not stay anywhere else. They have many rooms , well decorated and maintained, it, is clean and the staff are great. Try it you will not be disapointed.. .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed in Field View for one night, with my 2yr old little girl. This was the first time I had stayed in a hotel with my little girl, so I was a little wary about how I would keep her entertained and out of trouble.,. Within seconds of arriving, I noticed a fish pond putside and a fish tank inside, as well as a lovely guest lounge. This made me feel relieved and not so fearful about my little girl driving other guests nuts.
I had booked, with an early check in and later departure, and this was accomodated really well. I booked a double room for mysef and Poppy, with the intention of sharing a bed with my little girl, but when I arrived, I was shown to a family room, with a double and single bed,a lovely large bathroom and a little seating/table area, and a tv with freeview. I was so happy to have access to Cbeebies.This was ideal for me. I was also given a generous £10 off because I was sharing with a child and not another adult.
The decor and furnishing were lovely and the bedding smelt lovely and fresh,as did the towels.
Breakfast was beautiful and I was very pleased with how accomodating the cook was with my little girl, making her a lovely toddler sized full english.
The staff were lovely and welcoming and I really enjoyed my stay. I definitely will stay again. I have NEVER ever been to a B & B before, where the staff are so flexible to suit the needs of parents with babies/young chidren, or the ability to come and go when you please.
Beautiful house and lovely owners, Thanks you x

Room Tip: The wholw hotel was as quiet as a mouse during my stay. The first floor was lovely, and the road noi...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Steve and Vicky are two lovely people who made us most welcome,
Pleasant place to stay in lovely surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Although we had booked 2 bedrooms, we were allocated a splendid apartment with a large lounge area with dining and cooking facilities and 2 large bedrooms leading off from it oneither side. The lounge had 2 comfortable leather settees and a large wall-fixed flatscreen tv (each bedoom also had a small tv). Both bedrooms were en-suite (showers) with stylish/modern decor and one had a four -poster bed. At the rear there is also a small private patio with chairs and table, but the weather was not clement, so not used. Ample car park.
Breakfast was served in the main building in an airy modern room and was very good.
At £32-50 per couple this was outstanding value. The young owner is friendly and chatty and clearly keen to expand his business. If our stay is anything to go by, he will succeed.
We would definitely return if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed at Field View for 6 weeks while working in the area, I stayed in the appartment, I really enjoyed my time there, the appartment was cleaned very regularly and was always well kept, Steve the owner was a really nice guy, always asking if there was anything I needed to make my stay better, the breakfasts were always very nice with lots of variety available. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend Field View to anyone. All the people who work there were lovely and couldn't do more for you. Overeall a lovely place to stay.
Tom Liverpool

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tomweir2009
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here at the beginning of July for one night. We were driving up from London after work and were due to arrive quite late. We rang the B&B to tell them we would not be arriving until late and they were very understanding and agreed to wait up for us. When we got lost on our way they gave us directions which were very clear! We were very quickly checked in and shown to our rooms. We had one triple and one double room. The owner even carried up all our bags for us which were very heavy!!

The rooms were lovely, very nicely decorated and very clean. Our triple was fantastic, nice and big for the three of us, very nicely decorated and with a fantastic bathroom. It was massive with an extremely nice hot powerfull shower! The beds were very comfortable too, and they had thought of nice touches like leaving extra pillows in the room incase one was not enough!

We slept very well and went down for breakfast in the morning. The breakfast room was nice very light and breezy and the choice of breakfast was fantastic too. There was choice of cereal and a cooked breakfast. We had both, the cooked breakfast was perfect for me, not greasy which it can be in some B&Bs. They supplied us with plenty of toast too! There were nice fresh juices and also hot tea and coffee! A fantastic start to our day.

The friendliness of this place is definately their strongest point! We had an issue with our car and lost a part of the key but had to leave to attend an occassion in the morning! They were more than happy for us to keep the car in their car park until we could get back to sort it out. When we rang them to explain what had happened they went out of the way to help us. And when we turned up they had actually found the part that we had lost which was a really nice thing for them to do.

I definately recommend anyone to stay here, the rooms are lovely and comfortable and the staff are so friendly and go out of their way to ensure that you have the best stay.

Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarm
Metro Inns Teesside
Wynyard Hall
Wynyard Hall
#1 of 1 in Billingham
Premier Inn Stockton on Tees/Hartlepool Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton on Tees/Har...
#2 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Middlesbrough Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Mid...
#1 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees West Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees Wes...
#4 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees

Been to Field View B&B? Share your experiences!