“Image Problem”

Oi Polloi Cafe Social
Ranked #41 of 61 Restaurants in Yarm
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Been there a few times now, and since it has been open a while its about time i did a review. When it 1st opened as a burger and pizza place we thought the food was good. Since then they have had a few changes of menu and chef presumably going back and forth on what food they want to serve and now are a ribs place. I found the food basic at best. The restaurant looks like a hogpoge of all the formor styles. The owners clearly lack direction and vision for the place. Sad to see as I thought originaly the cafe social seemed like a good idea. Even as a dirty burger and pizza place I was happy. Having eaten there 6 or 7 times over the year its been open am severely disapointed. As a customer who really liked purple pig and the dough box I feel that this resturaunt should have stayed as a reincarnation of these places. The food was definitely at its best then. Pick the type of food the resturaunt is going to sell and then give it chance to settle in and work. Maybe tapping into the craft beer market wouldnt hurt.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank markhP6658EM

Reviewed November 3, 2018

we had been shopping all day and were tired and cold. arrived before restaurant had really opened but male member of staff said come in and choose your seat. we were quickly served by lovely female member of staff, blonde hair, with drinks and menu and everything was tasty, we had the specials board. it was all really really lovely and good value and we will recommend to others and return.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

Ate here on Sunday, had a lovely cocktail and a burger with chips. All looked lovely, tasted ok. (The bbq sauce was just your basic stuff from a bottle, the bacon was underdone for me.. and a surprising lack of cheese..?)
I then however, spent the next 24 hours very unwell. Around 1 hour after eating there I started with the dreaded... (I won’t go into detail). I had to take 2 days off work to ensure I was clear of it (I work in healthcare).
Very disappointed. We were the only people in!
Certainly won’t be back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Had food here last week and it was amazing. Service was great and the food was really good! Cocktails were also fantastic. I can’t wait to return to try something else off the menu. I didn’t find this place anymore expensive than anywhere else in yarm, it’s lovely and quaint and I will definitely be returning here again soon. We had the chicken starter special and scotch egg starter which was amazing and the pulled pork Parmesan which they boxed up for me to take home and also had a burger which was great. Highly recommend ignore the negative reviews, you pay for good food and good service

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Food was excellent. I was not hungry so only had a side called angel fries which was amazing.

My wife had a parmo and could only manage half.

The service from Dean was excellent and i will certainly be back.

Date of visit: September 2018