“Good family meal...”

Description: Traditional Country Restaurant & Pub
Burbage, United Kingdom
“Good family meal...”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We visited the Jet Miners for the first time on the recommendation of my in-laws who live locally and have been several times and never left disappointed.

Good varied menu with some local specialities and traditional favourites.

I had the 'Parmo' which was lovely and my father-in-law had the seafood platter...served on a big frying pan! Also a pasta dish and lasagne for mains.

Overall I would definitely recommend the Jet Miners. My only criticism would be the size of the portions for a couple of the meals.

• Visited April 2014

Stokesley, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Food”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Jet Miners on Saturday April 12th. We hasn't booked a table but were lucky enough to get in. The menu was quirky but focuses on traditional pub classics with a twist.
Food was served quickly with home made bread. Only improvements I could suggest would be to offer slightly more butter with the bread and ask the girl clearing the tables to smile !! Great place, well worth a visit! (PS try the Captain Cooks Seafood Platter)

“Mother day Meal”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My partner had booked us a table for mothers day lunch at 12. The staff were lovely and spent a lot of time walking past talking to my four year old son who was getting a little board. The starter was amzing, carvery delicious (the gentleman who served the carvery was very polite and patient spending time putting on the rediculous amount of gravy on my meal that I like) and the deserts were to die for!! We dont eat at the Jet Miners on a regular basis, mainly special occassions and every time to food and service has been fantastic. They are always very accommodating with my fussy vegetarian ways!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Michelle B
“Horrific”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I am disgusted in the service in which we received today. I took my mother and auntie for Mother's Day and it has spoilt the day. Firstly the lady who showed us to our table had a disgusting attitude unhelpful and stuck up. We asked about the menu options and were told that we could only order off the set menu and had to have all three courses that was fine but there was no need for her attitude. We were then told we had to choose what we wanted for all three courses straight away but that didn't seem the case for the other customers seated around us. The young waitresses were lovely it's just a shame we were served by such a miserable woman initially. The starters were lovely, the carvery was disappointing I would of rather went to Toby carvery, the dessert was ok. When leaving we took our payment to the main desk as a kind gesture to be ignored by the lady with the poor attitude whom I think to be the manager or head server. She did not register our presence so we had to go find another waitress to let her know we have left the money at the desk. What a let down our visit was this will be the first time and the last i will visit the jet miners with my friends or family.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank 19CR48
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Never had a bad meal here the food is exceptional and this place is definitely a little hidden gem. I have visited the restaurants on many occasions and have thoroughly enjoyed every meal, particularly the homemade vegetable soup, steak and sticky toffee pudding which I have to say is one the best pudding I've ever had. The staff are also very helpful and polite and attentive.

Visited March 2014