“Traditional quality pub”

Description: Traditional Country Restaurant & Pub
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Traditional quality pub”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Visited this pub several times and never been disappointed, I have done Sunday carvery with family and Evening meal as couple. You can sit in the conservatory area or in the traditional
part of the pub which has open fire's very nice in the winter, they supply good cask ales and the wines are very good quality. Like a lot of places now you get cheaper options as early bird menus
but these are still good quality and value for money, the menu is not massive choice but this
is due to the food been fresh and homecooked which is nicely presented. Every time visited
I have enjoyed and keep returning.

• Visited August 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“My how this place has changed”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My last experience of the Jet Miners was 30 years ago when we used to come an play pool and have a pint during Sixth Form lunch break!

It's now a much changed bistro / pub serving good food at reasonable prices. As with many of these places, the menu is quite ambitious, but they seem to be able to deliver. Our meals were fairly standard Saturday lunchtime fayre - calamari, fish and chips, Caesar salad, but prepared and presented well (although the usual pet hate of Caesar salad being served without Anchovy raised its head!)

The staff were friendly, efficient and attentive and the bill reasonable for what we ate. A pleasant meal in nice surroundings.

NE England
“Good value”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

4 of us went for Sunday lunch recently and had a very good value meal.
There is only a carvery on a Sunday, but as well as three meat choices, there was salmon and a vegetarian dish. I had the salmon - the other three had meat. We all thought is was good.We all chose the same starters which were really good. It is £11.95 for two courses - an extra course is another £3. The service was very pleasant and prompt. The restaurant has a nice welcoming atmosphere - we would go again.

Ormesby, United Kingdom
“Food is lovely, service could be better”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have eaten at the Jet Miners numerous times in recent months. The quality of the food is brilliant, I've enjoyed every meal I've had there apart from my most recent in which the mashed potato tasted cheap? Like 'smash' out of a microwaveable packet, this could be because I ordered off the children's menu as I only wanted a small meal. However, any other time we've ate here as a family the food has been wonderful. The only thing I would say the Jet Miners could do with improving is their customer service. Although attentive, the staff can sometimes appear abrupt and rude. My Dad's plate was practically thrown in front of him and my partner's knife was then knocked off the table with the slamming down of the plate without an apology... I do appreciate that the staff seemed under pressure, with only being two of them but surely this suggests employ more people? I do not like writing bad reviews especially on this establishment as the food and atmosphere is lovely, I just think the staff should be aware that they can come across stressed and appear rude so they can maybe look at employing more waitress or try to improve their customer service.

2 Thank Laura O
kaalgatjoe, Owner at The Jet Miners Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank You for your review. It was brought to my attention and I did speak to the member of our team in question. Further more we will focus on more customer service on our next training session. Regarding the mash I can guarantee you that is NOT the packet version!
I do adjust the seasoning if it is served for children, unfortunately I was unaware that it was served for a adult.
Please accept my apology regarding.
Kind regards
Johan
“Very good food with friendly service”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We are a group of 8 friends plus a 3 month old baby and 2 dogs. The other pub wouldn't allow dogs so we ended up here- and pleased we did! Had to sit in bar with the dogs rather than restaurant but that suited us fine. there is a very wide menu choice which i found hard to decide from. The complimentary home made tomato & onion rolls were tasty. We all really enjoyed our food. Don't think I could fault it.
We waited a little while as obviously the waiting staff were concentrating on the restaurant but no longer than I would expect for a group of 8. We were happy to have a quick game of pool anyway.

• Visited August 2013