Trust me, I would like to see it 4 or higher stars but unfortunately, smaller things that sometimes you expect and you don't even want to complain repeatedly have turned us down.
we were a couple staying for 2 nights marking my birthday occasion there. First, a quick list of all goods:
- Staff is friendly, warm and care for you. We found this during breakfasts, our conversation with reception staff, etc.
- Free parking, location of the property, rooms are pretty spacious.
- Suites are nice - looking towards the quay side and you get your space on the backside even though it's like a communal garden with a wall before the sea-front.
- As it was birthday, received a card and cup cakes as a good gesture!
- Corridors, rooms were normally well clean and taken care off.
- Room heaters, lights are all pretty effective, appropriately located.
Now the experience, may be one-off things that we encountered:
- A condom cover lying under bed.
- Flushing was not sorted properly. Even though they have specifically mentioned not to through any papers/towels/etc in the flush, may be that appeared to be the reason in the past or may be it was reflecting to be the reason at times in this property.
- No charging points next to your bed, you need to get up to put your gadgets to charging next to tv stand or in the lounge.
- In the lounge, TV is actually inside a cabinet (wooden almirah). In order to watch tele, you got to open the top doors and use remote to turn on tv. Now, no body sitting on the side-sofas can view this TV. Only the people sitting on the sofa opposite to the tv can view it and you can't view it from anywhere else in the lounge (for eg sitting on the dining table or in the balcony or on the side sofas.
- tv remote was bit faulty
I don't want to sound like complaining about these things, but this is what I observed and really feel that the future customers should not be observing all this. They deserve to have good experience given the hotel staff and efforts put into it.
We did not complain as we were leaving after a few hours however, in my case I don't see myself to complain these things one at a time only to spoil your mood or stuff that would not need urgent attention and making big fuss out of it.
We will not go back again(may be untill small things are sorted out). good luck to the future visitors!
Room tip: If you are still planning to visit given the good review this hotel has, go for suites. they are overlooking quays and you get nice views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the idyllic Conwy Estuary,the luxury 4* Quay Hotel commands awe-inspiring views of the most magical scenery in North Wales. Offering 74 en-suite luxury bedrooms,including waterfront Suites and Penthouses. All rooms have been exquisitely designed, and boast spacious bathrooms, incorporating all the style and comfort you would expect from this award-winning hotel. Our Waterfront Lounge Bar and Vista Terrace is the perfect location to enjoy an informal meal or alfresco dining by the water’s edge. The 2 AA Rosette Grill Room Restaurant introduces you to a mouth-watering selection of award-winning culinary delights encompassing locally produced and sourced ingredients to present the true Welsh flavour of the region. Advance bookings required.Relax in our on-site Spa offering a host of indulgent treatments using Aromatherapy Associates and REN Products. Advance Bookings required.Our Complimentary Leisure Facilities include a 15M indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, aromatheraphy steam room, hydrotherapy whirpool and life fitness gym. The Hotel offers ample free car parking on site and Complimentary Wi-Fi in all areas. The Quay Hotel and Spa is only a short drive from the Victorian town of Llandudno, the Historic town of Conwy and within a 45 minute drive from the breath-taking Snowdonia national park. On the doorstep there are the award winning Golf Courses - A great location for exploring North Wales! Located only minutes from the A55 and only 2 minute drive from Llandudno Junction railway station with direct links from London, Chester, Manchester, Cardiff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Quay Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Quay Hotel Deganwy
- The Quay Hotel And Spa
- Quay Hotel Conwy
- The Quay Hotel & Spa Deganwy, Wales