$329
  • Beachfront
Tideways B&B(Deganwy)
TripAdvisor
3,002 results
All reviewsconwy castlecupcakespenthouse suitecup cakesrelaxation roomsauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesmodern hoteloverlooking the marinanorth waleslovely locationthe ground floorevening mealbirthday treatlarge bathroomrestaurant stafffirst class
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having stayed here on 2 previous occasions we decided to have a weekend in the penthouse suite with double balconies....the lounge is very large as is the bathroom and bedroom. It is very luxurious and so much space. All the mod cons you need and the balconies have stunning views across the water.

We had a stunning meal in the restaurant and could not fault the quality of the food and the service the new hostess was very friendly and chatty and the live singer in the bar area added to the atmosphere. Sadly the table of 4 old pompous guests did nothing but moan and harass the waitress all night....the only downside would have been these guests but not even there negativity could spoil our evening.

Breakfast on the balcony each day and a stunning breakfast it is.

As ever the spa was lovely and the staff yet again friendly and helpful

We will return in the New year but would like to thank everyone for making our anniversary so special.

Would like to thank Simon Harding for everything he did during our stay

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ncokey
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments, following your "perfect Anniversary" stay. I am delighted that your special occasion was enhanced by the facilities offered in one of our Penthouses - stunning views, luxury and all mod cons!

Good to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your restaurant meal and appreciated our live singer in the bar and a stunning breakfast on the balcony. Your kind words have been forwarded on to Simon and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the New Year .

Belated congratulations on your wedding anniversary -

Reviewed October 31, 2013

You know how it is, you check Facebook, you look at the photos, you check out the reviews on Trip Advisor...........but it doesn't often turn out to be quite the same as you were expecting. Normally not quite as good.
Visiting in Oct I thought perhaps it might be a bit worn looking from a busy summer?

Nope, the place was absolutely brilliant. The staff were friendly and polite, and the hotel itself was clean and actually well deserving of the 4 stars.

We only stayed for one night so we only had time for dinner and a breakfast.

So firstly, we had a Classic Double King room. It was on the ground floor and overlooked the zen courtyard. I'd imagine that would be nice in the summer but October tends to be windy and damp! The room was a very generous size, the bed comfortable, Sky channels on the TV and the bathroom was finished really nicely. On the downside, I nearly stuck the iron to my shirt as someone previously had quite obviously tried to iron a carrier bag with it. I took the iron to reception and by the time I had got back to my room the maintenance man had a new iron for me.

We hadn't booked a table in the restaurant for dinner and would have been happy either going to the restaurant or the bar. Turns out they could fit us in the restaurant. I'm glad they did! The dinner was stunning. I've never had "fancy food" before and usually opt for good n hearty man food!!
The staff were really good here, they explained all of the different food options and the chef even sent us out a free taster which we still have no idea what it was, but it was very nice!
What I particularly liked was the fact that the staff didn't keep coming to the table asking if everything is ok every 2 minutes - I hate that, leave me to eat and if I have a problem I'll let you know! The staff were close enough to "summon" if needed and were attentive without being annoying.
In particular I recommend the Chocolate Indulgence desert, it was amazing!!
If you think you fancy a meal in the restaurant, book a table because it fills up quick.

Breakfast was good, plenty of choice from the continental side and lots of hot food on the more traditional side. All served in the restaurant. The tables are a good distance apart as well so you don't feel a part of someone else's party!

Checkout was quick and painless and the receptionist offered us some advice on Llandudno as we were about to pop in before leaving the area.

We booked through OnHotels.com and wished we hadn't. When we checked out we found out that the hotels own rate was far cheaper than the so called discount website! The receptionist advised us to check with the hotel direct if we intended to come back, the rates change quite regular so it's well worth calling and asking.

Would we go back? Definitely!! Hopefully sooner rather than later. I want to go back when the evenings are lighter as the view from the restaurant would be great!!

Room Tip: The classic double king was plenty good enough for us. Our faced inwards and was pretty quiet excepting the neighbours door closing
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrMasher

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed list of your obviously brilliant time at the Quay Hotel. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the full "Quay" experience - comfortable bed, sky TV, dining, including an amazing Chocolate Indulgence, good breakfast and friendly helpful receptionists.

Sorry for the issue with the iron and the plastic bag remnants and glad to note that we were able to resolve matters instantly.

Glad to know that you will definitely be returning next year when the days start the lengthen and you can really appreciate the stunning views from our terrace and restaurant.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Have stayed at this wonderful gem for 3 days and have absolutely loved it. I am hard to impress on the hotel front, but have found this to be an amazing find and great value. From our welcome from Sandra the reception manager to our visits to the restaurant, we have had a thoroughly enjoyable experience and been welcomed at every encounter with the staff.
This has been a breath of fresh air for our midweek romantic break from the kids and have felt very special during our stay.
Our room was amazing! Roomy, clean, classy and a fantastic view of the beautiful estuary and the impressive Conwy Castle. Couple of moments where things have gone slightly wrong have been when there seemed to be an issue with a few tables going away without paying and we had some additional items on our bill and a few other tables' bills. But, again the staff worked their way through it and was sorted absolutely to our satisfaction. The staff still managed to maintain their smiles and politeness. Only other issue was that the pool was so busy they only had one towel left for 2 of us, but it was half term and there was a wedding on. Food was quite expensive, but was actually very filling for A La Carte and even satisfied my healthy appetite. Was a long journey to get here, but already trying to find an excuse to come again. Certainly recommend to everyone I can. Full marks to Sandra and her team for their exceptional welcome.

Room Tip: Estuary facing rooms have the absolute best view and very conveniently situated. Really impressed with lack of noise here too.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian C

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your great comments, following your stay with us last month. Your kind words have been passed on to Sandra and the restaurant team.

Good to know that your "romantic break" at the Quay, ticked all the boxes - amazing room, fantastic views and good A la Carte choices.

I apologise for the shortfall of towels at the pool, your kind consideration of the busy period is much appreciated.

Do hope you can find that excuse in the near future, so you can visit us again - perhaps a family visit may also be an option. I look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night break with our 6 yr old child.
Stayed in a suite overlooking the castle.... simply stunning. room of a very high standard and quiet.
Ate in the Grill one evening.....food really good, super steak and puddings!
Used the pool every day....very nice
My wife has a Spa treatment...delightful
Drank in the bar and ate from the menu....chillaxing atmosphere
Staff in bar and overall throughout the hotel from welcoming to check out were very customer focused, happy and attentive.
Some minor opportunities for improvement to get 10/10. The young waiters/waitresses at breakfast need some customer training.
First morning at Breakfast....shown to table which was not set up and dirty from previous people.
Second morning at Breakfast....table was wobbly, juice n coffee all over the place. Had to move. Surely who ever set this table knew it was wobbly!
Sweet lady Matre De...wonderful customer skills and very apologetic. took on board the issues and on the third morning everything was great. One slight minor note.....why charge £1 for a glass of warm milk at bedtime for our child. make this free fro kids and maybe add a cookie.....would go that extra mile.
We would highly recommend this hotel, we certainly will be returning. Thanks

Room Tip: Ask for a suite overlooking the bay/castle........stunning
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank scottmaxted
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent stay with us at the Quay Hotel. Great to know that you enjoyed our stunning views, quiet room, Grill Room dining, the daily use of the pool and a delightful spa treatment.

Good to read that my staff were welcoming, happy and attentive, but I do apologise that some of the younger breakfast team were in need of additional training. This shortfall is now being addressed and your kind words regarding Susan have been passed on to her.

I am sorry you were disappointed by the charge made for a warm drink for your child. I fully appreciate your feedback which will be considered going forward.

Thank you for your kind recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a very good stay at the Quay resort and Spa. 100 % the stars of this visit have been the staff. All of them from the reception and the Bar team to the excellent restaurant staff and the
Very professional spa. Well done to all its nice to see people smile and talk to their guests.
We stayed and dined in the Hotel which was excellent with a good choice of well delivered dishes and quality wines
This modern hotel deserves its status as one of Wales best. Congratulations

ladies in the spa restaurant

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chaos45

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your great comments following your recent stay with us at the Quay Hotel. Delighted that my staff were the "100% stars" of your visit and they all enhanced your Quay Experience. Good to know that you found our Restaurant excellent with a good choice of well delivered dishes and quality wines.

Very much appreciated your compliment that you felt we deserved an accolade as of one of the best modern hotels in Wales - very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.